FEDEX shipping issues, yet again

Good point.

Bummer

I now have all my shipments, GSO/FedEx/UPS delivered to my local ups store. They are right down the street, accept packages for me and only charge $2 per box. You should check it out if you have trouble receiving GSO.

This is a fair statement. So, I’ll amend my comment to say “we have consistenly had extremely poor FedEx drivers and our UPS drivers have been quite good.”

I really wish we had the same UPS driver all the time, but it seems as though it’s someone different more often than not. Actually had the same UPS guy for about 6months straight, so I gave him a nice tip around the holidays. Haven’t seen him since!

Agreed. However, its frustrating when your driver, either FedEx or UPS, clearly doesn’t give a sh*t and the company doesn’t care. My experience is that FedEx, a few years ago, was the better carrier but now it isn’t even close. FedEx has screwed up several shipments recently with us and it wasn’t just wine, either.

JD

UPS is partly employee-owned. They have a number of part-time drivers who probably don’t have much of a stake, but overall, I’m sure most of the company cares about their service. I think they’ve had one strike in their entire history. FedEx is really three different distribution systems, two of them use sub-contractors rather than employees for deliveries (and they often get sued that they are improperly designating workers as contractors rather than employees).

-Al

This is a good point, too. I forgot to mention in my rant yesterday that the person I spoke with on the phone at FedEx obviously didn’t give a single sh*t about the situation.

Just got a rescheduled delivery from GSO, i.e., they’ll deliver one day late. But at least they are not blaming me like FEDEX did.

I have had literally dozens of wine shipments delivered to my house by FedEx, and never once had a problem. Our FedEx driver is great–delivers in snow, rain, hail, you name it. He’s practically family by now.

Our UPS driver on the other hand, stops his truck in the entrance to our (long) driveway, and tries to deliver to our front door (which we never use, and we can’t hear the doorbell from the other side of the house). A couple of weeks ago I happened to drive up just in time to catch the UPS driver walking back to his truck with a case of Chinon on his shoulder. I whipped into the neighbor’s driveway and intercepted the driver before he disappeared. My wife was home at the time and didn’t even know he was there.

Another FedEx FAIL yesterday: was expecting another “signature required” delivery. They did attempt to deliver the package…to my neighbor! She brought over the door tag last night that they left. We must have the single worst FedEx driver in the state.

Today, I left a note on the front door with instructions to ring the doorbell. Hopefiully this does the trick, but that’s assuming they attempt to deliver to the correct address this time.

I can’t say I have ever had issues where I currently live with either UPS or FEDEX. We have an arrangement with the neighbor (and UPS) that if we aren’t home, the package goes next door(lucky for us to have retired neighbors!!). Our FedEx guy has even called my cell and offered to wait till I got home to drop off our wine!!
There really isn’t an option to redirect our wine to a FedEx or UPS outpost, as I live in the boonies and the closest locations are well over 50minutes away. Thus when we miss a package, or the neighbors aren’t home, it’s a pain in the arse to get the wine. I think I lucked out this time around as I use to have the same luck as mentioned above, with missed deliveries when we were at home waiting for packages. Merit, back then the package centers were 10minutes away, but still…