first go with the new Grassls...

So which of the Grassl glass is best for all around use, the Liberte?

Thanks to this thread and a very understanding wife, I picked up a six pack assorted from VDLT. Mineralite, Liberte, and Cru, 2 each.

Will give them a “horizontal” tasting when I get them.

Thank you for the note! I am very excited to get both the Liberte and 1855s. I always used the Zalto Universal, or GGGs, so I am looking forward to trying them both out. Especially the 1855s for Napa reds.

The tasting glasses have become outdoor glass: pool, patio, lanai, beach condo. Works perfect.

+1, the 1855 is our go to for reds.

If you are truly an around-the-world, many varieties consumer, then yes, I recommend the Liberté. If your tastes/tendencies lean in a particular direction, then a different glass might be recommended.

That’s the one that I now use as my “all-purpose” glass at home. I do use the Mineralite as a critical evaluation glass, as the size and shape allow me to take a small pour and get very detailed information.

Just got my Grassl’s delivered and gave them a quick spin with a Pine Ridge Chenin Blanc / Viognier (what we had open for a nice 95 degree day).

Hard to pinpoint many differences between the Liberte and Mineralite, but nose was more open on the Liberte, but I got more flavors off the Mineralite. Overall for that particular wine (albeit, simple and crisp), I preferred the Mineralite. I can see the Liberte being my go-to on any weekday whites. My 2 Mieralites were slightly different on opening diameter, showing that they are indeed hand blown. No problem getting my nose in there and drinking though.

Did an A/B with a larger SZ glass and the Liberte and my wife’s comment was “wow, are you sure those are the same wine.” I think the investment is now justified.

Small issue with my order and shipping, but I’m sure they’ll make it right. Customer service at CJF and VDLT seem to get good praise around here.

Thanks for all the advice all!

I got the 1855s in today, great packing, the tubes are AWESOME, and the glass feels elegant, nicely proportioned. They are in the dishwasher now, and will be ready for dinner. I figured I’d break them in with a 2016 Greer Cabernet Sauvignon (currently double decanted) and sitting in the wine fridge.

I cannot wait to try them tonight!

Sounds like a decent Monday night :slight_smile:

Enjoy! These glasses are great. The wine is pretty good as well. [cheers.gif]

Great wine and great glasses! I really liked how they handled multiple wines, we also opened a 2016 DiCosanzo Farella, as well as a 2016 Bedrock Gambrels of the Sky. We started with a 2012 Dehlinger Russian River Chard. Turned out to be a fun night with some friends! All wines showed really well in the glasses, I was surprised that the Bedrock and Dehlinger showed so well in Bordeaux glasses. In fact, I had a bottle of the Bedrock in the December timeframe, and showed much better in these glasses, even though it was a Grenache wine. The nose was WAY better and just an enjoyable bottle, not sure if it was the additional 6 months in bottle or these glasses. With that said, I am very pleased with my purchase, and cannot wait for the Liberte!

Thank you! This was my first Greer as well. What a good Cabernet, really enjoyed it!