Flannery Beef - 40% off CA & MW New York Steaks

Well, everyone convinced me on the pork cap

Iā€™ve kept countless Flannery steaks in my garage freezer for lengthy periods of time. All have tasted perfect.

The first order I placed, the first one I looked for. Tried to add ground beef but was DENIED! Only pork rib caps (since Iā€™m the one that forced Katie to add them this year!) and NY Strips :slight_smile:

Also, on the freezer - we only eat steaks or ground beef maybe once a week, at MOST, so I always have a bunch of Flannery in the freezer, never an issue, ever.

Long story short - weā€™re fans of freezing dry aged steaks! Theory behind it is that the whole freezing/thawing process has the potential to effect the texture of the steak (as water molecules expand/contract). With so much moisture having been removed during the dry aging process, you really donā€™t have that textural issue.

Then on the flip side, I donā€™t think you want to keep a dry aged steak in a fridge for as long as you could an unaged steak. So if you donā€™t think youā€™ll use the steak within 5 or so days of receiving, just throw into freezer. Best way to thaw is to move into fridge the day/night before, so you have a nice slow thaw.

-katie

Yeah, I view my garage freezer as my ā€œFlannery Cellar.ā€ Just like itā€™s nice to have good wine on hand to drink, itā€™s always nice to be able to pull out a world-class steak.

Insiderā€™s secret - Dad and I have a hanger sale planned for March [cheers.gif]

-katie

9 Likes

In for a couple of pork caps to try them as well as a few burger packs. BTW, if you guys like chili and havenā€™t used the Flannery ground beef then you are missing out.

flirtysmile

Flannery hanger is like the pizza of meat. Itā€™s the worldā€™s biggest crowd-pleaser and thereā€™s no limit to how much of it I can eat.

Order in to stock up my freezer! Excited to try out the pork caps! Thanks Bryan and Katie! [thankyou.gif]

Does anyone think the pork cap would be suitable for smoking? Iā€™m happy to roast it, but Iā€™m curious.

In for way too much. I can also confirm no issues whatsoever with long-term freezing. I donā€™t know what Bryan and Katie recommend, but we have had no issues even at 2+ years.

Lol officially, we usually say about 6months. Unofficially, Iā€™ve pulled stuff out of my freezer thatā€™s definitely been lurking in there for 2-3yrs, same for Dad. As long as the cryovac seal is tight (no ice crystals inside bag) you are totally good to go.

-katie

Iā€™m so happy to see the pork caps on sale. An awesome deal on a ridiculous cut

In! Trying the steaks for the first time. Canā€™t believe these are vegan friendly!

Pork cap?!?! Order placed.

Popped on the pork cap [snort.gif] and some CA reserve NYS. Canā€™t believe Iā€™m shipping beef to Oklahoma, where local beef is plentiful. Not much dry aged around though, so Iā€™m in!

Iā€™m in Texas. People always look at me funny when I tell them I buy my steaks mail order from CA. Then they take a bite and understand.

Pork Medallion Sold Out?? I am having issues checking out.

Heck ya. Now Iā€™m pumped.

Ordered pork cap and NYS. However, I forgot to put in the BD code. Can this be fixed?

Edit: I sent an e-mail with the order #.