Flannery Beef x BerserkerDay11: Ribeyes, Porterhouse, Hangers and More!

In.

Picahna and hangers

Order in! Thank you!

Going in on this for the first time, thinking the Porterhouse and Rudd. A few questions:

• the weight determines the thickness? What are the corresponding thicknesses for the weight options?
  • how are these packaged, how should I store them and how long will they last?

Thanks!

Can answer a couple of these.

Steaks are individually vacuum packed
Store frozen, have had some 6-9 months in the freezer with no degradation.

I haven’t yet found a limit on how long Flannery steaks will keep in the freezer without degradation and I’ve had them after at least 4 years. The lower moisture content from dry aging helps a lot.

Hey Phil,

Chris is spot on in regards to packaging and freezing. Each steak is cryovaced individually, and our rule of thumb is 4-5 days in fridge from when you receive, and up to a year in the freezer. You just want to make sure that before you throw anything in the freezer that you double check the vacuum seal to make sure it’s tight, and there’s no air getting into the package. If the seal looks like it’s popped (which is more common on bone-in steaks than bnls), just rewrap in cellophane then foil, or cellophane than ziplock. Even better if you have one of those home vacuum sealers. Goal is to just make sure there’s no air touching meat when it’s in the freezer.

In terms of the thickness / weight, it will vary slightly from primal to primal (a wider ‘eye’ on a primal will result in a thinner 16oz steak than the same weight from a smaller eyed primal). The Rudd steaks are coming in around 2-2.5" thick; if you have a preference, you can absolutely leave us a note in the ‘comments’ section during checkout and we’ll pick out the best thickness to fit. For the the Porterhouse, a 20oz will be around 1-1.25", and a 40oz will clock in around 3" thick. Same thing though - if you’re looking for a specific thickness, just leave us a note, and we’ll make it happen. If there’s no way we can accommodate the thickness requested based on what you ordered, (ie, if you order a 20oz and request it to be 3" thick), we’ll shoot you a note and ask if you want to increase weight, or go w/ smaller thickness. Our goal is to just make sure you get what you want :slight_smile:

Hope that helps, and if there’s anything else I can give more detail on, don’t hesitate to ask!

-Katie

oh yea I forgot to mention that!! The main concern from a freezing/thawing situation isn’t going to be a flavor issue, but a textural one. As a piece of meat freezes, then thaws, the water molecules within it will expand/contract accordingly. That can potentially lead to textural changes in the meat itself. The beauty of dry aged beef (apart from the killer flavor and increased tenderness), is that a much lower overall moisture content lends to damn near zero textural changed when frozen and thawed. So we’re big fans of stocking up on when steaks are on sale, and freezing em!

-Katie

Thanks for all the info. Yeah about 2" to 2-1/2" is what we usually like so sounds like a Porterhouse somewhere in the middle will do the trick. We use a Sous Vide so these should be awesome.

Got my order in. Thanks to everyone for making this happen!

Order in. Serious pile of beef on its way to NY.

in

Rudds & Hangers. Thanks Bryan!

Order placed!

In for hangers and ribeyes. So good!

Hangers, Porterhouse, and ribeyes coming my way!

The Jorge steak last year was stunning. Ordered more this year and added a bunch more this year.
A great product.

1 Like

Pichana and hangers. I see a nice Bordeaux and a barbecue in the near future!

Katie,

How fast do these ship I’m out of town week after next would they make it to Florida this week if I order today?

Ditto on the pichana and hangers. But probably CdP BBQ for me.