Flannery Beef!

There’s a code. Gotta read the whole way through the post

Just ordered a midlife crisis and 4 packages of Hangar steaks in addition. Yum!

in for the older

Scott, the highest two ages will be approaching game, but not quite there, with a ‘blue cheese’ aspect. The The age won’t be overpowering, but it will be noticeable. The taste differences between a 7 day age period (ie between the 56day and the 63day) will be very subtle; the differences really pop at the 2 week marks. -Bryan

Alan, there will be about a quarter inch difference (12s will be 1.25", the 16s 1.5"). This aspect in particular is one of the reasons I fell in love with the Holstein breed; to get an inch plus thickness on a 12oz steak is pretty unusual. -Bryan

That’s what I bought yesterday. I did choose a ship date which is one week later (out of town end of March).

Ordering away here love Flannery

In for the NY/Wagyu horizontal!

Bryan, is there any way to add ground beef to a BD order?

Good Call :slight_smile: This set is my favorite of the two (Dad think the age set is cooler, ha). Both sets are solid insights into the two main things that set us apart - breed and age. The CA Reserve Holstein beef is a serious contender against American Wagyu (not Kobe though; that’s a whole other ball game). Much of the Wagyu in the US has been crossbred with Angus; one of the marbling traits you’ll see in Angus beef is larger, thicker veins of marbling running through the meat. This marbling style translates through in the American Wagyu; it’s abundant and heavy.
Holstein marbling is much different; smaller veins of fat, and more often it looks more ‘speckled’ with fat, than having visually distinct lines (like the wagyu). Dad always tells people ‘think of the milky way’. What this means in terms of taste/palatability, is that you’ll get a phenomenal flavor and tenderness, without it being too rich/overpowering. I can eat a 16oz CA NY in one sitting; I tap out at 8-10oz tops on the Wagyu.
-Katie

Totally - our burger blends are currently in the Helluva Deal section (http://www.flannerybeef.com/butcher/helluva-deal.html).

We had to discontinue the burger builder last year, absolute bummer, but USDA upped regulations on testing and it absolutely killed the program. Long/short of it is that we would have been required to test every. single. batch. for ecoli, hold the beef on site until test results were back, then ship it out. Makes sense if you’re grinding a million pounds at a time, impossible for someone like us doing 4lbs batches.

Thanks Katie and Bryan, in for some NY. Man I miss being able to just stop into the shop on the way back from Santa Rosa and pick from so much high quality meats and fish. Used to get my turkey stock for thanksgiving every year as well. Thanks again for participating here.

Locked in some 2019 Xmas gift shopping with the Cal Reserve/Wagyu combo! Thanks for accepting ship dates in December on that package!

Excited to finally try some flannery after hearing about it for years…in for the younger set and some burgers.

Does anyone know if the beef is hormone free / organic / grass fed?

I’m in for the younger crowd, I love Bryan’s steaks.

wouldnt taste this good if it was grass fed

Thanks, I get that…

But what about hormones / antibiotics / etc?

Thanks Katie and Bryan! Ordered the Midlife Crisis, and I am very much looking forward to these.

This.

They basically taste like beef donuts.