Forgive me WB...for I have sinned. I'm mailing it in for Thanksgiving

This is what we are doing Al. My daughter is out of town with my grandkids. My son wants a big steak.

Thinking about all the cooking ahead of me for the next several hours, I’m jealous.

Green beans, sweet corn, and strawberries are in season so I’ll use those as sides.
The family doesn’t want turkey so I’m pan roasting duck breasts.

Stop the insanity! My place just got hit with last-minute turkey orders, perhaps as overflow.

So, how does one stir-fry a whole turkey? Unlike a street-harvested pigeon, it does not fit into the wok.

The best thing about turkey is the leftovers. I’d take duck over turkey any time.

-Al

Based on my one meal at Atoboy around this time last year, I can’t imagine that this will be anything less than fantastic.

I ordered the turkey from our club and selected the beverages while my wife made all the sides and desserts. I’d like to think my contribution was equalish.

We have our normal food cooked for 15-20 but only serving us and the kids. Feels wasteful because I know we won’t eat it all.

Portion, and freeze. Do not waste. (I would have starving relatives in China now, but they became billionaires.)

Original Morton’s in Chicago closed up right Chris?

We did :100:% take-out, no guests Thanksgiving this year.

Stay healthy man.

It’s one of our favorite restaurants so I’m definitely looking forward to it.

Assuming I don’t drink too much wine I will portion them and put them in vacuum bags, thrown in the freezer and then warm them up in the sous vide next few weeks.

We went conventional.

Made cornbread, mashed potatoes, cranberry/pineapple/strawberry sauce/relish, and stuffing. Going to make roasted veggies.

Half-turkey (fresh/organic) just went in :
4F32A9F0-4D68-459B-A406-03CCDE0090F0.jpeg

We had two pork chops, almost as big as my head, with leftover mushrooms and greens from earlier this week.

I’ve done Thanksgiving at Sun Wah before but had the duck not the turkey. I cannot envision a scenario in which I’d choose their turkey over duck. I really miss that place. Just too far a drive for take-out.

The Atoboy Thanksgiving takeout menu:

Spatchcocked Roast Chicken with sauce
Sunchoke & Sweet Potato Chips
Salad
Pickled Radish
Apple & Kale Kimchi with mint
Kabocha Squash with Pumpkin Seeds
Napa Cabbage and Pear Coleslaw
Brussels Sprouts with bacon & anchovies
Octopus with tofu & Broccolin Rabe
Hen of the Woods with Truffle Sauce
Kaluga Caviar (Regalis) & Creme Fraiche

Then a Mama Fleming’s pecan pie with chantilly cream.

Probably the best Thanksgiving meal I’ve ever had. They really knocked it out of the park.

Sounds great, Jay.

-Al

I thought the group think was that octopus was verboten these days.

All of it sounds awesome, regardless.

Just two of us this year, facetiming with kids. Did all the normal stuff, though a little less, and broke it up by making gravy on Tuesday, sweet potatoes on Wednesday, leaving turkey breast and mashed potatoes today, plus some misc. Plenty of leftovers, plus a couple of turkey thigh/leg quarters in the freezer to cook another time.

My choice every year - served with morel wine sauce, pommes dauphinois, roasted brussels sprouts and carrots, and green beans.
2A05D912-D363-49CD-B330-454D9F9EA9E2.jpeg

36F0B7AF-5C7F-4DC4-A247-07859EB504C5.jpeg
Definitely mailed it in too, although the ham turned out photogenic.