Forgive me WB...for I have sinned. I'm mailing it in for Thanksgiving

Dr L
Unsure about the original Morton’s. But I will follow your lead here sir.
We have one in Naperville.
$169. Dinner for 4. Plenty of good food. Hat tip to the folks at Morton’s.

Today is left over turkey pot pie dinner night. A recent ritual that has just paid dividends. It rounds out everything that is left.

Monday is a usually a meat-free dinner to just give the system a break.

We did takeout too! I’ve probably cooked more this year than the past 3 years combined, cooking on Thanksgiving would have been just another chore. Plus cooking 6-8 dishes for 6 people seemed like overkill.
The Joylessness of Cooking | The New Yorker - not a bad description of how a lot of people are probably feeling.

Before Covid-19, I cooked almost every meal. So, this pandemic has not changed that life aspect, although it did for nearly all else.

I can understand her angst. Still, she should count her blessings.

Thanksgiving keeps on giving
PXL_20201129_234801486.jpg
PXL_20201129_235110740.jpg
PXL_20201130_002723775.jpg
PXL_20201130_003844236.jpg

I was nodding along until I got to this:

"many establishments have closed forever, and ordering delivery from those that remain is an ethical minefield. "

What exactly are the ethical issues with ordering delivery? It’s supporting the restaurant, it’s not putting a bunch of maskless people into an indoor space, it’s giving you something different to eat. It really seems like a win-win option.

True it doesn’t solve social isolation issues but that’s not an ethical problem, it’s a psychological one.

I agree with this and as an added reason to use delivery services is a lot of displaced workers are filling those positions. My oldest daughter is staying afloat by multi app’ing. She delivers for Uber Eats, Grub Hub and Door Dash, all at the same time. She’s learned to stack orders based on location and can deliver several orders in the same location. She does not have anyone to back her up except me as a safety net. Utilizing delivery services cuts into the restaurant revenue significantly and I wish they would collectively reduce their fees, but it is providing my daughter a method to survive economically during this pandemic. Pre-Covid she was a photographer.

Are you open to taking adoptions? champagne.gif

Lol, sure thing, I’m originally from Noo Yawk, you’d fit right in.

I try to pick up to go orders whenever I can. The delivery fees are high, but it’s the cost to the restaurant that concerns me. You wonder how the restaurant can make any money. I feel for the drivers, it doesn’t seems they get much of the fee. I think the ethical concern is the haircut the restaurant pays for Grub Hub, etc. They probably long for the good old days of complaining about open table.