Fried eggs

I don’t know. Don’t live there.

How can you possibly need salt when you have Taylor Ham? And ketchup [bleh.gif]

Someone missed the word “fried” somewhere along the line. No bubbles, no brown = sautéed.

Wine OCD ====> Egg OCD.

That’s because bacon grease IS > butter.

1 Like

Since David doesn’t live in PA, I’ll give you the right answer:

Scrapple, egg, and cheese on an everything bagel. Keep the yolk runny and the scrapple crispy. Ketchup if that’s your gig (no for me, yes for my wife).

Don’t drag me into your ketchup infected fantasies.

Blah blah blah…whatever, Man. neener champagne.gif

I always fry my eggs in my evoo. Paired with some french fries and jamon, maybe some fried peppers and fried bacon or chorizo, morcilla it is called Plato Alpujarreño. Juan used to ask his mother, why would she go to all the trouble to make elaborate dishes when she could just make a couple of fried eggs and french fries, that is the most exquisite bite to eat?

Trick is to put enough evoo in the pan that you can baste it over the top of the egg with your spatula. I like the center runny.

A lot of posters here seem quite hard-boiled, eggs notwithstanding. [wow.gif]

+1 on the crispy edges. I’ll sometimes break the white to get more of it.
If I want no crispy edges, I pour a little water in the pan, cover it and don’t flip. No crispy edges and the top steams over.

scrambled egg tip. whites only at first. once they’re somewhat set, then add the yolks.

Makes no sense to me to add more salt to the super salty pork roll but many folks do it anyway. 75% plus get ketchup. I always thought the ketchup part was unique to NJ/PA area and other more sensible state dwellers shun the egg ketchup combo. I do put ketchup on mine

I’m alone here. I cook only the whites, burn them, burn them some more, and then burn them some more. Cooked in good butter—Près de Salé, usually.

Browned and puffy egg on my pad ka prao or die!

developed a taste for this from a roach coach on Delancy St. in Newark. SPK (Salt, pepper, ketchup) is a must. I’m now happily substituting bacon for the Taylor ham as there’s none around here. Difficult to find a good hard roll in my neck of the woods, which is a key feature.

For the ham, I would happily sub a few slices of Katz’s pastrami.

And, over medium, with crisp edges and a sprinkle of Maldon flakes.

I heard of that term first, when colleagues described the lunch carts outside One Noo Yawk Plaza.

Did you ever hit the carrot cake coach outside 55 Water? Now that was specialization b4 it was fashionable.

Or poached in olive oil…
I tend to like either approach depending on my mood. What I was curious about was rationale for the apparent orthodoxy among top chefs.