#GlassFire

Yes, they like to draw a line right there at Silverado Trail and Pickett.

Glad you’re safe Merrill. Hope the cats are tucked in.

Glad you checked in Merrill.

Casey - the wind is fairly light right now but suppose to gust later 35-40mph. Of course in the mountains it will be higher. :disappointed:

And a huge thank you to all my berserker friends who texted and emailed.

Stay safe out there:

This is bad. As of right now…

Fire is 2400 acres and no containment
It jumped Silverado Trail briefly near Ehlers Lane and went past the Napa River, but they got it out
Burned in and around Merus, Neal, Tuck Beckstoffer, Mending Wall, Failla, Jones Family, Reverie, Viader, Burgess, Zaikin, Dana “Lotus” (I was at MW and it made it but unsure of others although I hear firefighters were good at saving wineries)
All aircraft are “off” the fire for the night, with high winds expected soon
Mandatory evacuation is everything east of Silverado Trail, with the boundary being all of Howell Mtn, Pickett Rd to the north and Meadowood to the south.

Frick, fire starting on Spring Mtn near Schweiger,

From what I’ve seen, they tend to be generous(?) about including the less densely populated unincorporated areas compared to areas inside the city or town limits.

-Al

Ehren just did a Facebook post. The fire flared up & jumped CrystalSprings Rd and burned over the ridge & thru his vnyd but the firefighters stopped it at the driveway and none of the bldgs ignited. Good thing vnyds don’t burn very fiercely. It hits close to home when it’s one of your friends being threatened. Scary times, indeed. If only those Calif folks would learn to rake the floors of their forests like they’d been told to!!

Oh Tom did my rakin’ and didn’t need anyone telling me to do so. Prayers for my fellow Californians.

Yikes. There may be two new fires on the west side of the valley. #shadyfire and #boysenfire

Screenshot_20200927-202745.jpg
[attachment=0]Screenshot

A titanic set of 3 fires has broken out on Spring Mountain. One behind Brasswood/CIA, one near Fantesca, one near the top near Pride. This is already worse than the Glass Fire. This is gargantuan and could threaten St Helena.

Sounds suspicious. I hope none of these fires were intentionally set.

It is going to be a rough sleepless night for many of our friends.

These are apparently threatening Sonoma County, including Santa Rosa, as well.

So scary. I’ve been watching the updates on Twitter, and it’s truly hard to believe. My thoughts are with everyone affected…

Heartbreaking. Sheldon at Paloma posted fires are burnng behind them about 100 yards away from the house about 30 minutes ago

From Santa Rosa (top of Fountaingrove neighborhood) looking East towards Napa
FG 12.jpg

HFS. I cannot imagine. It’s terrifying and angering. I hope people are safe. Again, unimaginable.

Yes. Jenn and I live in Howarth Park in Santa Rosa. ETA for fires to burn into our area is 2 hours. This is so bad.