GLASVIN a new handmade glass!

I’ll repost my GLASVIN thoughts here from a TN thread:

I’ve had them for a week now and enjoyed a sparkling, red, and now this white with the glasses. I try not to be a super fussy person when it comes to stems; the Spiegelau AUTHENTIS are my daily-use glasses around the house and they get the job done. What I really like about this glass, aside from its weight and build quality, is the classically shaped lower bowl area; I think it works best with ~2-3 oz of wine - smaller amounts at a time - that allow the wine to really take advantage of the airspace and gradual taper to the rim. I think the calling card for GLASVIN is balance; I don’t think it emphasizes any one particular quality or style of wine per se, but offers a really enjoyable overall drinking experience.

Doing an A-B with the Spiegelau, the GLASVIN offered a noticably more expressive “bottom end” of the EQ spectrum; the deeper qualities of the wines, especially the delicate white, were more evident and provided for a more harmonious nose. For me, the price makes this an absolute no-brainer; there is not a cheaper, better quality handblown stem on the market that I know of. As someone on a budget, that alone makes these incredibly attractive. The only quibble I could see folks having is that the base is the same size or slightly wider than the bottom of the bowl which makes it a tad less elegant than other upscale glassware, but the stability and sturdiness it provides outweigh any aesthetic concerns I (do not) have.

Side note: my extremely well-meaning but clumsy partner decided to generously take the initiative to wash them and she ended up breaking one in the process (hold them gently by the bowl, whatever you do!). I e-mailed David to ask if I could replace the glass for the same WB promo price with the full understanding that it wasn’t obligatory; David responded within 15 minutes and not only did he honour the original price, he also waived the shipping cost for the new glass. Absolutely above and beyond the call of duty and GLASVIN will likely be my new “fancy” glass of choice for the foreseeable future for both the quality and value offered as well as the peerless customer service.

I just bought 8.
I kinda wish I hadn’t seen this thread.
I’m sure my wife will love them

It’s like giving insert your favorite cyclist a Walmart bike to race the Tour de France

I’m just trying to elevate your wine life!

Is the $25 per stem for a set purchase still on?
Asking for my imaginary friend as I certainly don’t “need” (but still want) more wine glasses.

Hi, it’s 8 for $200 with the discount code WINEBERSERKERS. It’s a bit more for lower quantities!

Thanks. Will give them a try as it seems too often that I find ways to break my Grassls, Zaltos Riedels, Schott-Zweisels. Just the generic thick Corning glasses don’t seem to break. Why is that? (Rhetorical question; attempt at humour).

Yeah but I told you why, people in my house seem to break one glass per week! I need some sturdy stems!

I would love to witness a Fu versus Bobby Mano a Mano road race. Boys name your seconds!

Oh please, let’s keep this in perspective. While I may be old, and Fu may be young, I remain the aging lion with the physique and wisdom to crush the soul of the young up-start. He’d prolly show up yet again in some baggy Lululemons and joggers whilst Alfert is sporting his tight cycling lycra, coiffed to Euro-perfection, Lance Oakleys for the Lance stare, total game day. This is not competition. It’s like sending in Lance Bass to battle Mike Tyson. I will concede that after two or more bottles each, both of us sober-drunk but energized - and we’ve done that together more than once - he can definitely eat more than me at 2:15 AM. That boy has a tapeworm.

Unless something really weird happens…everything is going out tomorrow.

champagne.gif

Very excited. Thanks for the thorough communication throughout the process, David.

Thanks William!

Everyone should get tracking numbers today. If you have not please reach out. We will also reach out to anyone who doesn’t get a tracking number tonight to our knowledge.

Ordered 8 for my parents. Can’t stand bringing nice wine over there and drinking out of squatty, thick goblets.

Glasses arrived today, will be taking them for a test drive tonight. One interesting thing, the base on one of the 4 glasses has a larger diameter than the other 3, meaning that while 3 fit well in my racks, the base on the single larger one excludes me from being able to hang it.

1 Like

We can send you a new one so they all fit :joy:

I’ll shoot you a note when I inevitably order more later tonight champagne.gif

A few hours in and I’m a big fan of the size, weight and feel. For the price, will definitely become our daily use glass I think. Just bought 8 more!

8 just arrived - shout out to UPS for “not making it here” on Saturday, but luckily in the ‘rona era it’s not like we were hosting a party or anything. Size and weight are perfect for daily drinking, and at $25/pop, I won’t fret over breaking one every once in a while or worry about putting them in the dishwasher with other dishes. Taking the 8 I planned to give to my parents and will order them more!

The box and custom molded foam are great too, if you’re a bring your own stem kinda fella.

Mine arrived on Saturday before the “Your Order has Shipped” email was sent. My cabinet is mish-mash of glassware, but my usual glasses are Lehmann Oeno (hand made) and Champagne (machine). The Glasvin is thinner than the Lehmann, but the large base makes it feel secure. These are wonderful glasses at an attractive price point.
I will continue using the Lehmann whenever we start entertaining again - whenever that may be - because they fit perfectly in the dishwasher and they aren’t too tall.