GLASVIN a new handmade glass!

Ordered 8, can’t wait.

These are great glasses! My only previous glassware has been Riedels. Initially, we were highly skeptical of the Glasvin- they are so light and thin that they almost don’t seem real. We quickly came to love them for that lightness and found them to be a pleasure to hold. Our Riedels now look and feel like something people suffered through in the 20th century. We also love the Glasvin bowls both for how they focus the aromas and for how they encourage a smaller pour. We got six glasses out of a bottle instead of our usual four! We’ve now used them twice – with an OR Chardonnay and a Alto Piedmont Lessona – both with the same positive results. [cheers.gif]

Also, David personally reached out to me unsolicited and apologized for slow shipping. Very nice.

Ordered an 8 pack. Woot!

It’s hard to go back once you’ve held any of the hand-blown glassware (GGG, zalto, etc.)

Order in…bummed to have to wait a few months but excited for the summer

Just received my two glasses today, took it for a spin with some Bedrock Lulu. Highly recommend on both items.

Agreed; I’ve been using the free stuff ppl give you at weddings.

David is also super responsive & helpful in terms of CS. Thanks Again!

Received mine today… Don’t have wine today but did try it with a beer.

Love the lightness of the glass. The bowl size is great for beer (and probably champagne).
The balance in the hand is awesome, the mouth feel is great with the really thin rim.

I find GGG useless for wine (except maybe bubbly), but i LOVE GGG for beer… will try some wine with the Glasvin tomorrow, but so far, i like this for beer just as much as the GGG…

Really do enjoy all the innovation and new entries into the glass market.

Also received my 4-pack today. Nice packaging, very secure, love the foam.

Put them through their paces with '18 Carlisle SC Zin, '05 Defaix Vaillon, and Tarlant Zero Brut Rose. Side by side with Grassl tasting glasses, which have been an incredible workhorse over the past year or so that I’ve had them.

These glasses feel amazing in the hand, great balance but also a sense of sturdiness. On the nose and palate these seemed to elevate every aspect of each of these wines. Great purchase.

Did a more comprehensive trial of the Glasvin, and here are some thoughts:

Overall: the build quality is great. This is essentially the ‘universal’ version so the bowl is on the smaller side. Super light weight, but great balance in the hand.
I look forward to trying the bigger bowl versions coming up

All wines tried with Glasvin vs Zalto Bdx
Bubbly: This is where Glasvin excels. Much more better focus on the fruit, where as the Zalto was perhaps too large and dissipates the nose. I preferred the Glasvin for a bubbly

Jura White: Ganevat. Since the wine is almost beer like with the funkiness, i expected the Glasvin to shine and it definite did. Much higher intensity of fruit, indian spices.

White burg: Here the bigger Zalto bowl made the nose much more expansive. Where as the smaller bowl of the glasvin muted the nose a bit. Look foward to the glasvin-burg!

Also tried 4 reds, but by that point, i stopped taking formal notes. Both Glasvin and Zalto tasted similar at that point :wink:

Customer service and responsiveness from David has been First Class - thank you!

I have more than enough glasses. Trying hard to resist.

My two glasses shipped today! Looking forward to getting them.

Love it. It’s the only glass I use these days! Awesome for beer, as well.

Just seeing this thread for the first time with today’s posts. Is the deal/coupon for WB announced back in April still happening?

Sending you a PM

David - I just sent you a note regarding an issue with one of the 4 glasses I had ordered and used it for the first time last night. Please PM me if you are able to help replace the glass. Thank you.

I just ordered a pack of 8, apparently great stuff and David gave us Berserkers a killer deal. I learned about these through Fu, texting me about it for a purpose. He’s the only person to ever come to my home and - while I’m serving him dinner and Gonon VV and Juge - he’s bitching about my shitty wine glasses! Lol.

David do you have a decanter yet?

Sounds like the 4 I ordered just after the initial sell out in March are finally coming this week. If I enjoy them as much as everyone else seems to be, they’ll likely become my everyday glasses, given the solid replacement cost

Hi! We are designing a decanter right now.
But don’t hold your breath.
Regards,
David