Goldbelly experiences

Ha gotcha - where are you originally from, just curious? My fam is from here (Boston) but we lived in the Burgh for 13+ years. Report back once you try the Capicola - and if you don’t mind a little heat drip some Frank’s hot sauce onto it, just a couple shakes.

SNJ/Philadelphia. Pittsburgh isn’t the NE for sure.

Just wanted to drop a quick thank you to the thread. I vaguely recalled it when I got a $50 off $100+ purchase offer on my Amex card and used it to order a bunch of stuff from Russ & Daughters.

Bought Zoli’s Brisket Lasagna/ this has a bit of green chili in it.

7# for about 100$ 8 x 12 ish pan/ had 5 layers I think

I DIDNT FIND IT BAD. The thing worked well for me cuz I had been busy and it was the playoff weekend and we had some of my son friends help move him. So I wanted to try something different for the boys, You really cant kill lasagna that bad. Locally its about 55 plus tax for a pan.

Not sure I will make it a go to, but was fun to try!!

1 Like

we used Goldbelly to send a few Breads Bakery Babka’s as thank you gifts. they arrived fresh and well received

2 Likes

Chocolate I assume?

We have a grocery service named Avo that delivers to our building. It’s generally run of the mill packaged goods but they have arrangements with a few higher end places - Breads Bakery, Levain, Florence Meat Market (Newport Steak!) which make them really useful.

of course! My first taste of the Breads Babka was at your place when Marty L brought it over.
we sent 3 loaves each to 2 dentists that helped Kenny with a root canal, gratis.

Has anyone tried Franklin BBQ via Goldbelly? It’s $50/lb (or $250 for a full brisket), but you don’t have to get in line at 6am. Or fly to Austin.

I had Joe’s Kansas City BBQ delivered. It smelled and tasted as it did in Kansas City.

got Hattie B’s Nashville chicken and it was outstanding. Great directions and information. Would order again.

1 Like

Recently ordered McMoon’s lobster rolls from Maine (shoutout to Rob Pav!). So good.

I’ve had a bunch, usually w/ a coupon or AMEX credit (AMEX now has a $50 off of $100 credit)… Graeter’s Ice Cream (my parent’s favorite gift ever), Essa multiple times (can’t find good bagels in NC very easily, even w/out Covid), Pizzeria Bianco (very good, bit pricey), Indian Burritos from Curry Up Now (family loved them). Overall they’ve all been good experiences, but with different levels of value if they didn’t have a coupon. For things like Graeters I found them cheaper than buying direct from the vendor b/c shipping is free (and the coupon).

1 Like

I ordered the Kia Ora Salmon, my favorite fresh, even more than copper river king. Hope it’s up to the others I’ve had- with the Amex offer , a great deal.

That was my first experience too. And the first babka I ever liked. Later I preferred the ones at Arcade Bakery but that, alas, is no more.

And thanks to everyone else for the suggestions. I may have barbecue in my near future.

I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised that everything at Franklin’s is sold out. You probably have to line up at your computer even earlier than at the restaurant.

Not sure of Franklin’s, but they also carry Snow’s. For Snow’s, they open their own website @ Monday @ 8am and it’s gone by 10am. I would guess Goldbelly either gets an allocation in the same window, or sells whatever is left over. But the net is I just bought direct from Snow’s - it was the easier path.

We’ve quite enjoyed the crabcakes from Faidley’s in Baltimore. They freeze nicely, and make for a perfect dinner with a salad. We also had the Streetbird fried chicken in connection with a La Caravelle champagne tasting that was really good. Agreed that prices are high generally, but feels worthwhile once in a while, or if you can get a deal.

There are a few purveyors of crabcakes on Goldbelly. Anyone compare them?

I’d be interested in anyones thoughts on crab cakes too!!!

1 Like

When the pandemic is over and I return to my office, I will get you stuff from Ess a Bagel, which is a half block from my office on Toid Avenue. It will take some of the edge off [language omitted due to not wanting to get more demerits for political discussion].

1 Like