Goodfellow and Burgs NYC - **With Marcus Goodfellow ** (Fri 6/10/22)

I don’t think I’ll need the +1. Go ahead and release it to those waiting.

I’ll venmo you now.

Yes, I’m in. Just need to figure out the details on my end. It was a very short conversation with the SO last weekend, but I think that I’ll be able to get away for a few hours. Thanks.

What’s the current status of BYO/after party? Can/should we bring additional bottles?

We have the space for the entire evening and an open corkage policy. Feel free to bring wine to share. Jin maintains a nice wine list, so buying off the list is also welcome and encouraged as well.

1 Like

Be sure to order the quail adobo. Best thing on the menu IMO.

1 Like

Awesome; I’ll bring some nice bottles.

That’s my favourite item on the current menu.

The wait list has moved at this point. Everyone who has inquired has the chance to confirm at this point.

Definitely I’m in as well. I’m going to start a new thread to discuss ideas.

Two open seats

Hi Shan - I’m interested and may have a +1 join me if there’s still room. I should know tonight if he can attend.

I’ll take the last seat if Evan’s +1 don’t take it.

Robert

Evan’s +1 did not take it. I will PM you payment details and put you in.
P.S. pleasure to have one of your < 200 posts since June 2009!

can you add my wife to the wait list? Unless there is still another seat.

Thanks to those who paid so quickly. Wines ordered. $250 per person generally works out to $100 on wine (6 flights) and $150 on venue. Will be working with Rodrigo on menu and venue logistics (thanks Rodrigo!).

If anyone has dietary restrictions, now is the time to speak up. As of now, there is only an accomodation for Gluten Free.

1 Like

If anyone else is traveling into the city for this, I hope you didn’t make my same mistake and booked your hotel already. Prices shot up around 20% today. Ugh.

Guess it depends on where you are looking? Equinox was up 15% last month over my rate last fall so I waited and now today I can book for the same as last fall.

1 Like

Your reply made me recheck. They actually went down dramatically from this morning again. Thanks

Everyone has settled up. Will work with Rodrigo to finalize venue menu and put down deposit. Marcus GENEROUSLY offered to gift his wines, but we have paid for those already and they are stored in my Eurocave. As are most of the Burgs (which are all in my Eurocave except for a couple still to come).

For the afterparty, the general view is the area can only comfortably accomodate another 6 people or so, so we should start a list for that.

Can I add a plus 1 for the after party? Thx. I think alex Valdes was interested coming also.