Got the RONA...no smell, no taste, no WINE!

Best of results there. You got it and gave it to no one. You didn’t suffer bad enough for hospitalization. Getting back to normal takes time in these times. You’ve got time back. Hoping you don’t suffer any of the long term effects some are experiencing. Pick out a good bottle to have handy for when you can smell again.

I am happy to hear you had a “mild” case and are on the mend. Who wants to smell a lot of old grape juice. Some of that grape stuff smells like horse sh**t. Water is so much better and has no smell.

Buzz.

Glad you’re well enough to post again. The nightmare of Covid-19 hangs over all of us.

Dan

Ok Buzz, since you broke the ice, I’ll go next and admit it even if I felt like the neighborhood leper.

Yep, I had it, too.

Got it about five weeks ago. Still don’t know how, don’t know a single person that has had it.

Manifested as a low grade flu, some fatigue and body aches. Never got a fever except one night after a week, got to 100. No respiratory or GI issues. Slept a lot. Lasted a full two weeks.

Lost some sense of smell and palate. Lost my appetite, didn’t eat much but wife did bring me a PB milkshake everyday. Lost about five pounds.

Oddly, neither my wife nor my kid got it. Nor did my doctor, or staff.

My sense of smell is still off but at least slowly maturing. The palate is back. During Covid my palate was way off with some notes highly accentuated, like saline. I did not drink for three weeks. Started back with Single Malts.

Back to wine over the last week but for the obvious reasons, did not pop any big guns. Am enjoying a killer Bedrock Heritage right now. A fuller-bodied wine was the right call.

Glad to hear you are doing fine, Buzz.

Frigging virus. I wish you both the best as you recover back from this thing.

Robert & Buzz: WOW. Glad you have persevered over this powerful adversary. Stay healthy, get those taste buds back in shape!

It’s too bad this virus makes people feel like it’s a scarlet letter of sorts. Appreciate both of you sharing your process. Thank goodness Alfert bought all that Ovid now!

Oh man, I should have popped the C(Ovid)!

Glad the two of you missed the worst and are recovering.

One of the odd things is that more than half of the people do not give virus to anyone else, including household members. A few spread it to many.

-Al

I didn’t have the guts to write that, thought it may be too insensitive.

Rolland approves.

[cheers.gif]

Such a positive thread. I thankfully haven’t had COVID, however my wine drinking younger sister did, and with her very young and untrained palate, was about 6 weeks from loss of smell to enjoying D&R virtual tastings, but about 10 weeks to be fully back.

Robert, glad you are “back”. Keep recovering!

Cheers,
Doug

Good to hear you are recovering. Best send me all your wine, wasted on you now. :slight_smile:

Take it easy, the scary part about it is all the unknowns being such a new virus. Hoping you get your senses back 100% as it is such a big element to our love of wine.

Anosmia is a real b*tch. I often have from just getting a common cold, normally +50% of the cases. In some years I’ve had anosmia twice a year and it usually takes a week or so with another week or two to return back to normal - meaning that I can’t smell or taste anything for a week and then everything tastes really weird and wrong for some time afterwards. Furthermore, there’s always a risk of the damage becoming permanent, which is why I try my best to avoid even getting just common cold.

But as far as diseases go, Covid as a whole different thing. Glad to hear you’re recovering.

geez Buzz, glad you’re on the mend. In the grand scheme, you seem to be one of the luckier ones. take care my friend.

Family friend lost sense of taste for 3 months, just got it back, and it seems to have come back in full (non wine drinker so cant speak to that part).

Stay strong!

Glad to hear you’re getting through it. I know many friends who have had it, or have it now. 2 have been in ICU and now recovering. Crazy times.

I’m gonna laugh if highly wooded, high alcohol St. Emilion’s are what appeal to you going forward. Maybe Jeff will bring you on as an assistant writer for his webpages :slight_smile:.

Two great guys, both doing well. Thank goodness.

So far I’ve escaped.

Either take HCQ or dexamethasone?

Lol. I’ve had a lot of ironies in my life, that one could me the most poetic! [cheers.gif]