Greatest Vintage of Oregon Pinot

If I was older than 8 at the time, I might have known that.

I had to look it up. It’s called “research”. [snort.gif]

Screen Shot 2012-11-19 at 3.46.02 PM.jpg
http://www.avalonwine.com/ken%20wright%20cellars.htm

spelling fail pileon

Poor Rachel.

Yeah, I saw Domaine Serene’s site didn’t have that, but I had to add the “let me google that for you” link before you did since I assumed it was coming next.

So where were the 90-92 Domaine Serene’s made? Could it have been at Panther Creek when Ken Wright was there.

Even if you spell it correctly their website still doesn’t work. Alas…

Ken made all the early stuff.

Oh sure. The guy who actually knows something chimes in.

It’s funny that way, and I laid low on the 828 thread. Don’t want to get summoned…

That’s right! You’re an Archery Summit alum.

I cut some of those sticks.

??

Just had a 2011 Bergstrom Temperance Hill which came in at a whopping 12.5% abv. Lovely rose, cranberry, raspberry, with lovely spice and good clean cut. It’s certainly acid driven, but far from green. Very nice, and Bob, I think you’d love it.

How are the 2010s doing now? I just picked up a bottle of the 2010 Westrey Justice bottling and unsure of what to expect as I’ve not had many 2010s at all.

The 2010s I’ve had are showing quite well. They’re near the beginning of what I suspect will be a relatively long drinking window. I’m a fan of the vintage.

For me I thought the '10s were some of the nicest for my palate, crisp bright red berry. Drank them all a while back. I recently bought some '10 Grochau Bjornson that I liked less well and giving some more age to see where it goes. Bjornson is one of my favorite vineyards, but the '10s may differ from the northern valley wines.

I like these 2014s. Admittedly I have only had a few (Shea, Arterberry Maresh and Brick House) but all have good balance and acidity with lovely aromatics. They appear to have the structure to improve over many years. I look forward to trying more. How are the 15s and 16s shaping up?

+1 !! we will see how 2012, 14, 15… are in ten years once their youthful exuberance s toned down. But for now, I am part of the Cool Year Club.