Groupon for Wine Spectator

I got a subscription at $2 for the year through lifemart.

And here we have the winner. I’ve been doing this because 900 miles, at 2 cents per miles is $18. I can be a sport at that price.

Is 2 cents per mile really still a legitimate value? I’ve seen most estimates be closer to 1.5 lately and that matches my experience in trying to use them. At 1.5, 900 points becomes an even better deal.

Wow, thanks. I just did their survey and asked for a wine spectator subscription. Nice. I vaguely remember doing something like this before, but it’s been a while.

My redemptions have been really shitty too the last few years. Only ways I’ve gotten decent value is long haul foreign excursions. I don’t think I’m going to play that scam anymore, and basically mostly moved to simple cash back cards, and whichever flight is cheapest/best fitting schedule wise.

Even the SO who pretty much grew up in Admirals Clubs is exhausted with AAdvantage BS.

It all depends on your preferences. In the last year, I’ve redeemed for Lufthansa and JAL first class for last minute travel, and that has been well worth it-- especially as JAL serves Salon up front! champagne.gif

If you can do it, that’s definitely the way to go. Best flight I ever had was first class trans-Atlantic on Lufthansa on points. I haven’t been very successful in finding the seats lately, though.

Has anyone else had issues with their delivery? I got 3 issues then it stopped. Contacted wine spectator and they said I need to contact blue dolphin since the subscription was through them. Emailed their customer care 5 times and have not received any response for 2 weeks.

Funny you mentioned that, I noticed yesterday that it had been awhile since I received an issue.

Exactly. I had forgotten until I was at the airport and saw an issue at the magazine stand and realized that I was supposed to have a subscription.

No problems getting mine. Last issue was a couple weeks ago.

FYI, you can get these for miles at https://magsformiles.com/

That is how I do it. Haven’t paid cash for a subscription in years.

I had problems getting the subscription started, but since then, I have received 3 issues, the most recent one arriving this week (restaurant issue).

No problem for me. It started on time and have been receiving issues ever since. Maybe I did a better survey? :slight_smile:

Just got another one today. Napa issue.

So far so good here too. Also got Napa issue yesterday

Napa came today for me too

How are getting mail delivered on a Sunday? :slight_smile:

Good question… usps delivered an Amazon package, and the WS was sitting on top of it. Maybe they forgot to give it to me yesterday?

AA is the worst. I ended up paying $75 per flight segment for one trip, plus taxes, which worked out to many hundreds of dollars.

Thanks for this. Nice deal