Halcon Rhone Pack

Paul’s wines are killer! The Alturas we’ve opened recently are without question the best domestic Syrahs I’ve had (Also, the Mourvèdre is absolutely fantastic!) Looks like the word is out and reminds me that I need to order some more.

Thanks Michael. You make so damn fine wine yourself!

Paul

Paul, it looks like our apartments office shut down and they normally accept wine for us. Is there any way to track the package? I hadn’t received a confirm and I’m just worried about them taking it back to their facility. Thanks!

Paul and Jackie dropped my 6-pack off this afternoon. Working on the last few ounces of the 2018 Alturas at hour 3. Savory nose, bright, fruity, great structure, very grippy give it a huge decant, order more.
22D9A566-F43B-429D-96DD-EACAB7302DD7.jpeg

Jeb Dunnuck review these yet? Curious how they related to the lofty numbers he gave to Myriad’s Syrah from the same vineyard.

Paul and Jackie,

Thanks for the great customer service! Looking forward to receiving and trying the wines!

Brian

Glad it showed well. I had meant to mention on Saturday that my recommended sequence is Mourvedre->Esquisto->Elevacion->Alturas.

Paul

Hopefully he will taste in May.

Paul

Thanks Doug. Wine shipping tomorrow (Mon 3/23).

Paul

Paul,

What is your “recommended sequence” for the 2016’s🙂?

Thanks

Petite->Elevacion->Alturas->Esquisto

Paul

I had a 2016 Esquisto about a week ago and it is delicious already. Savory with grippy tannins, and the usual seamless balance of fruit and acidity. I’m sure it will get even better with age.

Thanks for the orders Jim and Dave!

Paul

I was at the UPS store for another reason, and they informed me my shipment from Halcon was there. I was lucky, as I received no tracking info and the shipment doesn’t show in my UPS account. Others may want to check on theirs. I had the exact same issue with my Cabot shipment. In fact, that’s why I was at UPS, to pick up a shipment that had been there for seven days w/o notification.

Sorry about that Rick. You should have got a email from UPS. Let me double check the email I have for you.

Paul

Shipment is in the cellar, having gotten through garage quarantine, and now waits for the expiration of the 21 day cellar rest. Looking forward to checking out Yorkville Highlands Syrah.

Paul - which bottling would you suggest I try first?

Post #31 [wow.gif]

Oops

In Post #31, Paul was suggesting the drinking sequence for his 2016’s. If you’re thinking about the 2018’s, I believe it was Post #27. :slightly_smiling_face:

Oops