Happy Burgundy Thursday

Scott, we really are going to require tasting notes on this one. The oldest CdB wine I have had is 1999. This looks fantastic. How was it?

1 Like

Still tasting [cheers.gif]

2 Likes

Nice!

Maybe ten years ago, I scored six of these at auction. I’ve got only two left, and the other four have all shown very nicely. For wines of that age, surprising to not even have one off bottle. Even more surprising, given that it wasn’t until the late 80s that the family became more involved in the production and the quality rose (or so the story goes – this '72 is the only pre-1988 wine I’ve had from the domaine).

I guess Burgundies can age.

1 Like

Very cool, Scott.

On a 2009 Barthod - Cras right now, starting to open up, but nice to see all the '02s being drunk, often a beautiful vintage to drink these days…

Kudos, Scott, well done on this tradition! One day I do hope to be present for Burgundy Thursday

Kwa Heri

Mike

1 Like

I know a percentage of César can be added to Irancy. Based on color and tannins, I think this is a prime example.
Still evolving…
Will report.

Scott, glad to see that your recent illness has not stopped Burgundy Thursdays. [cheers.gif] [winner.gif] [thankyou.gif]

1 Like