Help me build a mixed case of vintage 2000 Bordeaux: UPDATE 4/3/18

I would buy the 2000 Montrose which I consider significantly underrated. It was the last Montrose fermented in wooden vats IIRC.

2000 Magdelaine was excellent and probably in your wheelhouse.

But Robert is an old man. Not as old as me, of course, but that brute is for tykes like Fu. No?

I just tracked down some 98. PM me where you think I can source the 2000. I’ve seen some of your notes on this Chateau and it’s exactly what I want in a St Em. Thanks, Adrian!

Yeah, probably best from 2030 onwards. But 2025 at a pinch.

My eye is on this, too!! Montrose will be on the list. William, for us old guys, what’s the drinking window?

Oops, cross-post!

Fontenil is outstanding, Robert, and Domaine de Cambes heavenly!

2000 Chateau Lagrange is awesome - get some.

Yes 2000 Lagrange…agree Todd

Grand Puy Lacoste a few weeks ago was stellar.

Tom Lee

Excellent call, forgot about this one!

Lagrange is excellent, but likely too modern for Robert.

We opened a Pichon Baron last night, it did not disappoint. We saved about a third of it for tonight. I plan to buy more if I can find it reasonably.

It is, 2000 was not my style

Are we talking about the Pomerol, the St Julien, the Lussac-St Emilion, or the Graves? I suspect the StJ, but just trying to be a little less ambiguous

St. Julien.

Haut Bailly was very good albeit young about 2 years ago.

98 is wicked good

2000 Léoville-Poyferré was an absolute knockout when I tasted it 2 years ago. Might be a little more difficult to source, but holy-worth-the-search.

This surprises me - I didn’t find it ‘too modern’ whatsoever, either of the 2 bottles I had recently.