Help me Redesign my Kitchen

That’s more of an aesthetic decision if you ask me. Wood, tile, even a retro look LVT might work depending on what you’re trying to do. (we have wood w a tile insert “rug” to break up the galley

Posted up thread but I’ll repeat - going from tile to wood is one of the biggest rewards of my recent remodel. Standing for hours to prep, cook, clean, etc. is much easier.

+1 on two sinks. Make sure that one of them and the refrigerator are both accessible from the dining room without having to go through the cooking space. Also the silverware drawer.

Glass cabinet fronts on the cabinets that will hold dinner plates and glasses. And make these, too, accessible without interfering with the cook.

Thanks for all the tips so far. Keep them comin!

Anyone who hasn’t seen TheGalley dot com needs to check that out.

I don’t think wood is comfortable either. I use a gel mat when I’m doing a long stretch. Jules got a decorative matching one

+1 We have ceramic tile in the kitchen with gel mats at the prep area, cooktop and the double sink.

We did slate in our now five year old kitchen. It can be tough on the feet if you’re cooking for a long time but it has been extremely durable and easy to clean.

Do the under-counter microwave option as I did. It’s AWESOME
IMG_20180422_150705.jpg

I don’t know about that model, but I often cook dinner parties at Neil P’s home who has one like that which requires requires you to push a button to automatically (slowly) open it. I find it incredibly annoying to have to do that. The fewer touch-sensitive buttons you have to find, read and push in the kitchen, the better.