Help on specific 2018 Burgs

[quote I am not hating the 2018s at all. I had some good reds and good whites…[/quote]

Phil…hope we will be lucky with the SAQ Lottery. Please do not worry about your Amex. Your Amex in the long-run will be in a BETTER SHARP. I will tell why…

Lately I was surprised to note …the release of some of 2018 red ( popular 1er in Quebec and some g-cru ) were all sold within 48 hours after they were released on-line on every Thursday. Needless to add that all PYCM were sold within the 1st - 10 seconds of the on-line release.

I was just alerted by a friend ( from Toronto ) that he received the offer of Bouchard 2019. The Monty 2019 is at CA $1329 - compared to CA $1017 at SAQ now.

The Bouchard - Les Corton 2019 is being offered at CA $ 249.

Here were the prices at SAQ for the past several vintages : 2018 $195; 2017 $179; 2016 $ 170; 2015 $ 165.75 2013 $ 161; 2012 $152.

In other words the 2019 is 27.7% higher than 2018 & is 50.2% higher than 2015.

Unless you quite drinking wines, hope you will be lucky with your Lottery and do not worry about you Amex.

Doubtful…2020 vintage in Burgundy…will be lower than 2019.

May God bless those burgundy lovers !!!

Peter, we’ll have to meet at some point because I love the way you think! [cheers.gif]

Sure…Francois will do his best around June 24.

Anyone win anything fun? I won a Ponsot, but doesn’t seem like it’s much of a deal really and I won’t be in the province for a couple months, dunno how long they will hold it for you?

Ryan…here is what I think.

As long as you paid for it as requested …the delivery should be sometimes later as per your instruction.

No DRC :frowning:
But I did get Dujac Malconsorts, Marquis d’Angervilles Clos des Ducs, Dujac MSD and Chambolle-Musigny and the Dugat Bourgogne Rouge. Decent.

It will take a couple of weeks before they get delivered. You can ask the SAQ store you picked for delivery to hold them for you but it’s at their discretion. I’ve had them hold my wines for a couple of months a few times because I was out of the country.

Which Ponsot did you get?

Wow… nice haul.

Only 1x Boillot Les Perrières

Edit:

Can’t complain I got 3x Ducs, 2x Dujac CLDR, 2x Dujac Aux Combottes and 2x Dujac Les Folatières from the LCBO this year.

Ouch! I thought £490 was bad enough and only bought 6.

Clos de la Roche VV

Andrew - wow - this is a bargain. CA $ 1017 is for 2017. You are lucky.

For me, very personally, Angervilles Volnays are way, way over-priced in Quebec since the last few yeas.

You would be paying dearly for his style.

Seems like the price hike happened pretty much everywhere, not just QC:
Bottle Barn = 265 USD
La Cave du Chateau = 198€
Altaya = 1800 HKD
WS has the average at 351 CAD.
CT has the average at 317 CAD (for what it’s worth…)

So it seems like the price is pretty much the same everywhere (retail). Of course, the 2010 used to sell for 130 bucks. But I don’t think we need to talk about Burgundy price increases over the last 8 years :slight_smile:.

The 2018 Clos des Ducs was $300 at the LCBO in February but you could buy 6 bottles outright (no lottery). The Taillepieds was 220. They sold out in about 10 seconds.

Dom. Glantenay - Santenots 15 ( 1237-9581 $82.75)…

I was told Bernard is the elected head of the wine merchants in Volnay

I checked my inventory. The last time I bought Angerville was for his 2005 Champans and 2003 CdDuc. I did not mark down the price.

Second round happened this morning. Apparently there were a lot of residual products available in that second wave. I’ll be able to add some Méo-Camuzet Clos de Vougeot.

Yes…my friends got some offers too.

Meo CdV 2018 is pricey at CA $419.75. Meo never charmed me some years ago. Maybe but it is just me personally or maybe his style has changed recently…

For CdV I much prefer Dom.Eugenie. The 2007 CdV was regarded - by some including J. Morris - the wine of the vintage of the year 2007 in France.

The 2018 is at SAQ Maisonneuve at around $573.25 - not shown in the SAQ Web. The same price for the Ech 2018 - which is in the SAQ-Web.

For me personally, the CdV …is the flag-ship in Dom Eugenie and not his G-Ech and Ech.

Just m 2 cents. $ 420 is a lot of money for 8 bs of Rully 2018 ( or 2019)…

Nothing from the second round.

I won a Domaine Bizot Vosne-Romanée Les Jachées. First time in the lottery and will certainly continue as this is my first bottle of Bizot at a really “reasonable” price!

Thanks for letting me know to enter. champagne.gif

Looks like another coming up?

Bordeaux en Primeurs is the next one and then another round of Burgundy. The last one that closed was made up of various sought-after products including Rayas, Rougeard, Allemand, etc. For the next Burgundy round, I’m hoping we’ll see some Roumier and Roulot. Time will tell.

I used to get allocated quite a lot in the old system. Have not yet been a allocated a single bottle in the new system. Any thoughts about why that might be?