Hospices Auction Group issues with non-delivery of Burgundy

Is it 2006 wines that have not yet been delivered? That would be quite a delay. I gather the scenario was to avoid hooking up with an established importer to save a couple of bucks?

2005!

Ouch!

Keith,

David Klinger is a member here. If he connected his email to the PM feature, you could try PMing him here.

He has deleted his post on eBob. He has now stripped all references to HAG from his LinkedIn page after I pointed out their prominence there. I dearly hope that people hear from him by the end of this week as he promised, before he deleted his post where he mentioned this.

If anyone hears anything, I’d appreciate a heads up. I have a few cases involved.

Still do not understand what they could be arguing about.

I am also waiting for a 1/2 case of 05 Mersualt. I emailed David Klinger about 2-3 weeks ago (to facilitate delivery I have offered to assist David in identifying a place to ship wines for DC market). He stated that the wines (or some of the wines) had been shipped to NY (where they supposidly reside at present) in the wrong wine boxes, and that this was causing the current delay? I really hope it all works out but the delays have been significant. I would like to hear more about what Posnor wrote. [cheers.gif]

When this was developing I wanted in, never pulled the trigger, not sure why, Can’t say I regret it all. Good luck to all who are in.

Bob Wood, my eyesight is not what it once was. Is your avatar Rachel Ray choking somebody’s chicken, so to speak?

Yes, Bill. It most certainly is.

You should see her shuck an ear of corn and remove the silk.

I am not part of this group but when I first heard about these delays it was worrisome. At this point it is obviously more so. It is not rocket science having wines brought in to the US from Europe. I hope it is merely total incompetence and not anything else and everyone eventually gets their wine.

Also no dog in the fight, but worrisome to hear for all concerned. A friend who had also gotten a barrel from that Hospice got his wine about a year and a half ago (I have a bottle of Corton of that), so it’s hard to believe it’s shipping.

Oh dear, this is rather different from what was posted and deleted. I will repost my reply which quoted that and now is the last evidence.

David, is this a job for you? Your LinkedIn page would suggest it is. It’s a bit confusing. If distributions don’t get all sorted out in the next week as promised, might I strongly suggest you take up Marc Lazar on his offer for logistical assistance. I suspect many of the 175 people are also his clients, and he could easily take care of a chunk of this for you.

Managing Member
Hospices Auction Group

Nonprofit; 1-10 employees; Wine and Spirits industry

September 2005 – Present (5 years 8 months)

Coordinator for over 175 Burgundy enthusiasts who collectively buy at the two major charity wine auctions in the world (Hospices de Beaune and Hospices de Nuits). Collectively these auctions raise several million euros per year to support the ill and indigent in the Cote d’Or. The institutions have a history going back over 650 years.

David was of course an active and enthusiastic member of the community for a long time before starting the Hospices group and while it’s frustrating having to wait longer than any of my Premier Cru orders for delivery, I haven’t yet seen any reason not to take him at his word that it’s simply been a logistical red-tape nightmare. The guy does have a day job and as far as I know volunteered his services to the group gratis. Now that the wines are in the US and presumably have cleared customs hopefully he’ll have it sorted out soon.

Well David stated and then deleted that distribution would be sorted out this very week. I dearly hope that is the case for all involved.

BTW, I am not a buyer, but I know many who are. However as a victim of Bernie Madoff, I have to tell you, this sets all of my alarm bells ringing wildly. I pray it’s a false alarm, but I also pray that David takes up offers from people like Marc Lazar who are highly skilled in these exact sort of endgame logistics.

Uggg, and now the ever helpful Squires deleted my last post and locked the thread by stuffing it in Commerce Corner. Amazing.

You know why…

[berserker.gif]

It was a fun read while it lasted.

Hope that all involved get their wine…that said…4+ years (after bottling) is a bit ridiculous to wait (If assuming 05’s).