Hospices Auction Group issues with non-delivery of Burgundy

Yes, I had the gall to say “B E R S E R K E R S” in my reply.

Does that mean that one cant mention the WS board? or TWL since they have a board, etc… it just goes on and on.

Oh My God you’ve got to be kidding me. [swoon.gif] rolleyes

Please don’t turn this into another bashing thread - then we’ll have to merge it with the master ‘eRP bashing’ thread…

Exactly, let’s stay on focus. David has set and then deleted a deadline of this week to have all distribution details sorted out. I hope that members of HAG openly share communications to retain accountability around that. And frankly, I would encourage people to start pursuing fraud claims NEXT WEEK if there are not more details forthcoming immediately. I am not trying to be alarmist, but the warning signs here are frankly alarming. Sorry David.

Eric,

In the post on eBob you claimed there was 175 people involved.

1 - Was this for the 05 and 06 vintage?
2 - Was there a minimum on what to buy? (6 btls, 12 btls, etc…)
3 - Do you know the total amount bought, etc…?

Feel free to PM if you would rather share privately…or not share at all.

I joined HAG after the 2005 auction and ended up buying a case of 2006 and 2007. The minimum of any particular wine was a half case, IIRC. There was a significant amount of wine purchased, again IIRC.

David’s always replied when I’ve emailed him, and the information he posted on eBob was the same thing he told me a couple of weeks ago, that the shipping would be resolved roughly now. If we get out another two weeks, and folks like Marc are not engaged in the assistance they offer, I have to begin to wonder why.

The 175 number comes from what used to be David’s LinkedIn profile which has now been deleted. I have no idea on the rest. I think Rick Gregory had a handle on the number of 2005 barrels. I have no idea about 2006 or 2007.

Thread title changed to reflect the subject matter, and not direct at eRP

Roberto, feel free to tweak it a bit - I just wanted this to be more directed at the issue of non-delivery of wine than eRP

I noticed that also when i went to look at it this AM.

To be clear, his profile is still there, but the HAG stuff which was formerly listed as an employer is now completely removed.

I talked to David a couple of times a few years ago about getting the wines into Indiana if there were other Indiana customers. I don’t have any reason not to trust and he’s returned my messages. I think this is a great deal more complicated than originally thought. That said, like others I would like to get my wine.

JD

Feel free to post here, and those who are involved have the same invite. I feel it is better to protect the consumers/investors in this scenario, and perhaps the massive traffic and exposure Wine Berserkers has can assist in forcing the transaction to actually occur.

fascinating. as someone who has repeatedly brought wine in from both beaune and the UK, i can’t stress how easy it is. sometimes easier than getting something shipped within the US.

where is the wine that arrived in NYC? (meaning, which commercial storage facility?) seems it would be easy to at least confirm it’s there to allay some concerns.

as for Squires, i hate to say, but i agree with him about not wanting this content on my site – it’s obviously a shit show and there are myriad other ways to disseminate info and communicate. someone mentioned the yahoo group?

There were, IIRC, 7 barrels won by the 2005 group. I was no longer on eRP for the 06 and 07 efforts. David’s communications were infrequent and, while I can appreciate the intricacies, that’s beside the point re communication - you can easily keep people in the loop as things arise, even if it’s disappointing news or something that’s prevented you from pay attention to the situation (i.e. family illness, etc etc.)

While I appreciate the 'he’s got a day job, is doing it gratis" crowd’s point, he’s had several offers of help or at least he did early on. Also 7 barrels of wine is, assuming a per bottle average of about $45 or so, almost $100,000 -it goes well beyond the ‘import a few cases with some friends’ level and when you’re handling an effort like that I think open communication is a pretty reasonable, basic expectation.

I never did understand why he didn’t just use Adventures in Wine or similar when it started getting complex. But then… I’ve not been in the loop for a while

Let’s face it, having 2005 wines delivered in 2011 isn’t a small delay. I hope the wines are in fact resting in NY, but consider this - they supposedly landed in 2010… so why didn’t people know? And it’s almost May, 2011. Is it really that hard to sort out shipping that it takes 4 months?

PS: Yaacov - I can’t see the original thread, but I doubt people would have resorted to posting on eRP if David and the group were keeping people on the Yahoo group informed. Since the effort started there, I imagine that’s why someone posted it there, though.

How were funds handled? Is there an LLC or personally through David? If an LLC who has signing authority on the bank accounts? How much wine was distributed in the US versus internationally? It sounds like those outside of the US have received their wines. Who arranged that?

I am a patient member of the HAG group.
I have 78 bottles (13 six packs) purchased in 05,06,and 08. the communication has not been great and I believe the whole adventure has been difficult for the organizers and frustrating for the purchasers.
I want to believe I will see those wines this year…

Really really shady that he would remove it under this context

David has sometimes required a couple of emails to respond to inquiries, but has always responded eventually. I had expected things would have been delivered this past week or two - or , at least, be in the process of being arranged. This thread is troubling. I have hope that the wine will be delivered. I certainly understand the complexities involved, and hope that David will take up any offers from Marc Lazar or others that have offered it so we can see a resolution this week.

Marc’s most basic request is that David simply disclose the name of the warehouse. Why would that be hard?