Houston Texas

Any new ones to add to the list in Houston?

Ate at Underbelly and Lucio’s last week with guests.

Underbelly no longer allows BYOB. They now have a full bar. Food was excellent. Wine list is decent, but as usual overpriced.

Lucio’s still allows BYOB. I think it was $8/bottle, and they decanted our CdP. The food was decent, and they tried really hard; but it’s a limited menu and they were out of the filet at 6 pm on a Tuesday.

A bit off-topic here, but Underbelly’s wine list used to be fairly priced. Sorry to hear they’ve moved away from that. They are closing the end of this month and the space will become a steak house, similar to One Fifth Steak, as I understand it. Given One Fifth’s wine (and spirits) pricing, I expect the list to be incredibly overpriced. A concept similar to Underbelly, located a few blocks from One Fifth, will be opened in April. I’d guess no BYO at any of them …

Yeah I’m really going to miss the original Underbelly, which at its peak was my favorite restaurant in Houston and had a very thoughtful and well-priced wine list. I do understand why the concept was not terribly economical in their large space once the original hype died down. But the last thing we need is another steakhouse.

I keep rotating between Lucios and Just Dinner on Dunlavy. Just dinner seemsmto have a little better food and the service is substan better there as well.

Also new on Kirby is pepper twins and they allow byob. I didn’t love the food but if you’re into spicy Asian food it will be good for you.

Just checked with UB Preserv and they told me they do not allow outside bottles.

Not surprising, but thanks for confirming.

1 Like

Just dinner is closing in December so that will be one more off the list

Pizza Motus is a new byob place set to open this summer off Edloe in West U.

I haven’t lived in Houston for a couple of years, though will be returning next Spring and looking forward to trying some BYOB establishments. Not sure if they are still open but used to frequent Black Sheep Bistro in Old Town Spring, where we typically brought our own bottles. Hope there will be plenty to choose from, though I understand this is limited by licensing regulations that have been discussed previously on this forum.

Old thread but it piqued my interest.

Brandani’s in Missouri City (http://www.brandanis.com/index.html) offers free corkage for wines over 10 years old, $15 corkage for all others. Nice atmosphere and great food from the couple of times I’ve gone so far.

Radio Milano in CityCenter (https://www.radio-milano.com/) has allowed me to bring outside wine a few times, I think it was a $10 or $15 corkage. Also fairly good food and atmosphere.

I’ve taken wine into Perry’s a few times and they gently come over and tell me no, despite me trying to butter up the manager sometimes. I suspect if you were a regular they would allow you.