How do you prepare popcorn?

This sounds GREAT.

I was a wanna be connoisseur of popcorn back in the day. Various oils. Various add on’s like cheese, chocolate, caramel and candy coatings. Now, this:
popcorn.jpg

It is good, we’ve done it for a few parties.

JD

One tablespoon of kernels in a paper lunch bag; no oil. Two minutes in the microwave.

I love the “whole grain” and “gluten free”

[scratch.gif] [scratch.gif] [scratch.gif]

And do you finish it on a hot grill? [popcorn.gif]

The husband is the popcorn connoisseur. He prefers a little olive oil on the StirCrazy, and seasoned with truffle oil & truffle salt. Every so often I take a block of Parm and a Microplane to it too.

Semi-related - Rancho Gordo’s popcorn is excellent (and really well priced for the quality vs. grocery store popcorn), we buy about six bags at a time, which lasts maybe a couple of months in our house!

Airpopper, then add some melted butter and salt.

Superb popcorn!

This is the latest .
1F7F5F26-6CAE-4A21-B844-58D03C034361.jpeg

Then a quick sear in cast iron?

3 0 0 —> START

Paprika is really, really good [cheers.gif]

Is that a Whirley-Pop? I had a popper that was a hand me down from my Dad that had served me well…but alas it finally bit the dust. Need a new one.

Yes it is. Definitely makes the popcorn pop fluffier/better than just a pot. Also butter flavored coconut oil (used by movie theaters) and ghee. And flavocol for the salt.

I wouldn’t suggest it too often, but you should try cooking in bacon grease. Make some good bacon in the am, reserve the grease and a few slices of bacon.

Cook the popcorn in the bacon grease, add some fresh bacon bits, Parmesan cheese and enjoy with champagne. Maybe some cracked pepper.

Thanks, for some reason, guess not trying hard, was having a hard time coming up with one with metal gears.
I could eat popcorn 24/7. Our favorite pub now closed except for carry out of course is all you can eat popcorn all of the time. I don’t think the little commercial machine paks include ghee or flavocol but miss it just the same :slight_smile:

So, do you pop the corn using the ghee as oil, or is it added afterward like you would with butter?

You can pop it in the ghee. The result is excellent. Whirlypops rule.