How do you prepare popcorn?

As oil, along with the butter flavored coconut oil.

+1

Thanks. I ordered a Whirley Pop yesterday, I’ve been eating microwave popcorn the last few years.

Enjoy. And it’s exercise, too!!! Lol

Calling it exercise might be a … stretch?

:wink:

What are peoples favorite popcorn brands for kernels? Been trying a few during stay home, most suck…so far generic Kroger is best. No idea about gourmet versions.

Educate me, please.

Bump , would like to know too. We use Orville Redenbacher usually , but a friend sent us some blue kernels they bought at a local general store in Massachusetts and they are great . We like a balance of crunch and fluffy.

Rick , have you tried the Whitley Popper yet?

Black jewell popcorn can be found at upscale groceries. It’s very good.

Yes, what a great popper! I’ve been popping about every 2-3 days. Using ghee and a tiny amount of Flavacol (the container I purchased will last the rest of my life). Delicious.

Cool :sunglasses: beans!!!

We’ve been eating the blue and ladyfinger . We love the blue .

Up to you if you like crunchy, fluffy , etc .

Lots of options here:

I just learned a new technique that works very well. Put oil, butter or whatever in heavy bottomed pan and begin to heat. Throw in about 4 kernels. As soon as the first one pops, turn burner off and and add popcorn. Cover to retain heat. Wait 30 seconds as kernels all heat up. Then turn on stove. The warming of all the kernels means that they pop more uniformly and closer in time to each other. You get more uniform popcorn with no burnt kernels and almost 100% of them pop. No orphans at the bottom.

This is the method I use.

Does anybody use the whirlypop on a glass/ceramic cooktop, does the aluminum scratch the surface?

I use the whirly pop on a glass GE top. No scratches because you don’t shake the whirlypop, you just turn the crank.

Thanks Jim, much appreciated.Maiden voyage tonite.

Yup no damage . Jiffypop causes damage .
Good luck . Please let us know how it goes. I recommend heating up the oil/butter/whatever prior to putting the kernels in the pot .

This is back in stock, just got the email alert, and highly recommend the Amish popcorn salt!

Bobs Red Mill is our go to popcorn. Not cheap, but look for sales. Also use a Whirly Pop. Another quality popcorn is Arrowhead Mills organic.