How many RAYAS ....

15 bottles from 98-05

Four bottles. Sadly not so much Pignan either. I have a lot of Ch. des Tours.

2- '89 Rayas
8 - '05 Rayas
10 - '07 Rayas

Wish I had 200.

About 8. Split between Fonsallete and Rayas. Will selectively buy Pignan in vintages where the qpr is great, but those get imbibed quickly.

5 but I have access to a well-stocked cellar so I don’t mind!

1. Just had an '89 Pignan Saturday night (not from my cellar) that was singing.

Not enough. Just 14 bottles of Rayas. 1995, 1998, 2003 and 2004.

[shock.gif]

14 Rayas
12 Pignan
17 Fonsalette red
2 Fonsalette white
5 Fonsalette Syrah
11 Pialade
All 98-08, except for Pialade (07-11).

I only buy my “triplet” at the domaine each year nowadays, plus whatever Emmanuel Reynaud wants to sell me to have a full (6b) case (shipping from domaine is pretty expensive). I’ve stopped buying at wine shops given current prices.

Alain

1 Pignan. 1994.

On the Kiwi Rayas fan front; a tie with Brodie. I have two bottles of the 2001 Rayas Reserve.

What is Rayas?

Two. CDP Reserve 2003 and 2005. Feel fortunate to have stumbled on both of them.

Hi Mark, maybe we need to think about arrangine a NZ Rayas tasting to share our meagre collection. Mine are 2005

Brodie

Brodie I have an 01 and 04

Hi Sanjay, well that is definitely something to think and chat about!

Brodie

Between the three of us Brodie and Sanjay, we have three pretty good years there. Are you doing a vintage in Marlborough in 2017 Sanjay? Perhaps a mini offline?

Cheers…Mark

And not forgetting Rauno with the '00 so we have four vintages covered: '00, '01, '04 & '05. Perhaps one or other of the Wellington boys might have a vintage or two?

I had 10 but drank my 2005 Fonsalette CdR last year. Now I have 9 - 2 Fonsalette Syrah, 1 Pignan, and 6 Rayas.

I have never had a mediocre bottle of Rayas Reserve, consistently exceptional year in and year out. Pignan is also solid but not as polished.