Turley
Ridge
Lioco
Beta
Pax

Considering:

Model Farm
Maitre de Chai

I’m with you there. I am in zero wine clubs.

I’ve pared down my list to just a few that I joined when I first got into wine in the mid 2000’s:

Denner (4 bottles a year)
Ecluse (6 bottles a year)

But I did just recently signed up for the Walson Holland list. It’s a new winery based out of Ojai that I’m looking forward to trying when their inaugural release comes out in November.

Wine Club - Elyse

Wine Lists - Countless, but I’ve only purchased so far from Caterwaul, Once & Future, Turley, and I believe that’s it. Didn’t sign up in time for Rivers-Marie and missed their summer release earlier this year :frowning:.

I’m not in any wine clubs that require a purchase. We used to be in Ridge ATP and may be again in the future but that’s the only one that’s ever held real appeal. I’m on the mailing list for Peay, Pax and Rafanelli.

I don’t think these exist much outside of the US do they?

There’s a load of producers I buy from directly but no ‘clubs’.

I seem to be on a lot of lists that I don’t remember signing up for but then just don’t buy or buy sporadically (if they keep sending me emails). Only 2 I buy from:

Cristom
Kinsman

Since the genesis of COVID - I made some plays :wine_glass:

On the following:
Rivers Marie
William & Mary
Maybach
Promontory
Grace Family
Peter Michael
Roy Piper
Kongsgaard (my most precious)

On waiting list for Macdonald, SQN, Cayuse, Kinsman

1 Like

A fair few exist in Australia.

1 Like

Becklyn
Bella Oaks
Blankiet
Bucklin
Detert
DiCostanzo
Elyse
Enfield
D&R/ExtraDimensional Wine Co Yeah
Immortal Estates
Matthiasson
Once & Future
Roy Piper
Scarlett
William & Mary

Wait… We’re just naming the lists we’ve joined this year, right?

1 Like

ultramarine my one and only

Looking at the number of lists some of you are on… and knowing the prices of the wines those wineries produce…. Clearly:
A. I need to party with you guys
B. I need to play the lottery more often

7 Likes

Washington:
Leonetti
Quilceda Creek
Cayuse
No Girls

Oregon:
Thomas

California:
MACDONALD
Outpost
Scarecrow
Screaming Eagle
Rivers Marie
Williams Selyem
Kosta Browne
Rochioli
Dehlinger
Aston Estate
Ferren
Turley
Carlisle
Limerick Lane
Bucklin
Sandlands
Saxum
SQN
Bedrock
Rafanelli
AldenAlli
Once & Future

Tom

1 Like

I signed up for many but only participate in:
SQN
Saxum
Beta
Kongsgaard

I used to be on a bunch, but came to value the flexibility of purchasing what I want, when I want. The only lists now:

Goodfellow
Gusbourne Estate

Gusbourne Estate is an English winery that focuses primarily on sparkling wines. They are the only English producer (granted, I haven’t had all of them) that reminds me of quality Champagne. Honestly I don’t have much desire to be in their “club” but it only requires a case purchase a year. But my wife and I tremendously enjoyed our visit there and when we lived in the US she’d always wanted to participate in winery events such as release and harvest parties. We couldn’t do that then as we weren’t on the Weat Coast. But, easier to do here and it means a lot to her. Happy wife, happy life, right?

1 Like

Over the past few years, we’ve cut down on the number of clubs, especially in Napa/Sonoma. Being local we prefer to join clubs that are boutique wineries with great wine, people, and events. Also prefer to join clubs where you can only get their wines from them and not large retailers.

Clubs:

Napa/Sonoma:

• Schermeister
  • Silver Trident

Paso Robles:

• Clos Solene
  • Fulldraw
  • Levo

Mailing List

• Jolie Laide
  • Occidental
  • Radio-Coteau
  • Rivers-Marie

Curious for those who are members of lists with long waitlists, like Saxum and SQN, are you buying for your personal consumption or are you buying as an investment since the secondary market is so hot for those wines?

Clubs/ lists were I consider I buy regularly:

Bedrock
Montelena
Calluna
William & Mary
Alpha Omega

On many more that I sporadically purchase from.

For me it’s optionality. I won’t drink these wines for a long time. If I don’t like them I will sell/trade them. But if I do I’ll drink them. I don’t buy that much so it’s a very small share of my annual wine purchase.

That definitely makes sense. Have you already purchased aged Saxum or SQN on the secondary and tried it just to see if you like the wine with proper aging?