If you had to pick 2 Champagne Producers......

Krug and Krug

1 Like

from my early steps down the Champagne road . . .

Egly-Ouriet & Ployez-Jacquemart

1 Like

Krug and Pierre Péters

2 Likes

Krug and one of Laherte, Vilmart, or Ulysse Collin.

Selosse and Bollinger. Exceptionally hard to leave off cedric bouchard though.

1 Like

Roederer, because both the domestic and imported line up is solid at all price points, and, Cedric Bouchard, because he made the bubbly I liked the best.
Best, Jim

Vilmart & Krug

Selosse and Pierre Peters. Krug would be next.

Roederer and Krug. Roederer also for domestic sparkling and for their champagne.

I agree with this completely. Roederer has a top end that competes with anyone (and is getting stronger by the year), a mid range that is absolutely on fire right now, both white and rose, and a low end (Champagne and CA) that is miles better than most of the competition. No other producer I know of can hit all the price points and all the sub-types I like. Bouchard is as good as any brand to fill gaps (although the prices have gotten borderline too high). Vilmart and Don Ruinart are worthy also-rans

Jacques Lassaigne and Agraparte(edited for brain fart)

Sadly leaving out Vilmart and Diebolt-Vallois

Taittinger (for the CDC) and Ulysse Collin–Krug a close third.

1 Like

Vilmart and Marie-Courtin.

1 Like

Vilmart and Ulysse Collin hard to leave out Selosse as I love the wines but if there can be only two…

Interesting how many big house brands folks chose. I find that Vilmart does something close to big house (Roederer particularly) Champagne style but better and more distinctive. I guess the big houses do have breadth.

Vilmart and Roederer. And Krug. And Pierre Peters. Dom Pérignon and Taittinger. Alright, I can’t play this game.

2 Likes

It’s tough. I wouldn’t want to deny myself Selosse, Savart, Filaine, Agrapart, Suenen…

This is why, whenever the “what’s the one type of wine…” threads come up I say Champagne.

Deutz and Egly

By far the most versatile wine in my cellar. I can find a champagne to serve at least adequately with just about any meal.

My favorite 2 tete de cuvées are Cristal and Les Chetillions so I guess it would be Roederer and Peters.

1 Like