In-N-Out Burger coming to Texas

I heard at one point that In-N-Out was not going to come to Texas after all but apparently not only are they coming there will be up to 8 locations in the relatively near future.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/DN-innout_07bus.ART.State.Edition1.24933ed.html

Ground breaking here in Santa Rosa began in mid-July and the restaurant is about a week from opening. I have never in my life seen a commercial project go up so fast in Santa Rosa. In-N-Out must have a building inspector on retainer because nothing moves this fast in this town. Just amazing what money can buy.

Yup . . . almost anything except a good burger at In-N-Out. [stirthepothal.gif]

rolleyes

next on the menu is glazed bagels… just for you pileon

Sorry, you two. I had my first, last and only Double Double last year in Napa. Underwhelming at best.

it was not even $3! what does one expect!?

exactly!

you are expecting too much! Put it next to a mc’whatever or a whopper and let me know what you think.

it is really high quality fast food, not a gourmet burger.

I’m AWARE it’s fast food boys, and I’ll take the Whopper. Seriously. We also have a place here called Burgerville, and they serve a Tillamook cheeseburger that kicks a Double Double down the block and around the corner.

Bob, you would seriously take a Whopper over an In-N-Out burger? Maybe Whoppers are better up there where you’re at but every time I’ve been in a situation where I had to eat one over the past several years of travel they have flat out sucked. You’d be better served using one as a paint brush to paint the walls of your house rather than actually eat one.

Burgerville was pretty good the time I ate there but aren’t they still fairly small and local? Not sure how that compares to a much large 5 state operation. Maybe I’m just whack.

less than 40 locations through two states

damn near impossible to compare the two

Joe, you’re not whack. They’re regional.

Tico, yes one CAN compare the two unless you’re willing to let size be an excuse for declining quality. Otherwise, why bother to compare the beef available at Safeway with what you can get from Flannery?

I wish they would come to the stock market…

If you eat a Whopper, I guarantee you’ll paint something…the porcelain in your bathroom!

Studies have shown that men over 50 start to lose their ability to taste pretty dramatically.

Just sayin’. [snort.gif]

Paint… ? or Stucco! [rofl.gif]

Reese

Says the woman who did extended time in those gustatory capitals of the world, Little Rock and Fresno. [rofl.gif]

How would reading a study be made somehow ineffective due to the cuisine of an area local to the person reading them?

Fayetteville (where I lived) is in northwest Arkansas. Little Rock is in the middle of the state. I can PM you a map if you’d like. [wow.gif] [snort.gif]

That’s right. My brain fart. You lived right there near to Springdale, Bentonville and Rogers. Been there. Hooters was upscale.