In-N-Out Burger coming to Texas

If I have to explain it . . . [berserker.gif]

You’d first have to figure it out…

I worked in two of the best restaurants in the area- one of them run by a James Beard award winner. neener

Bob Wood, meet Stephen Polman…

[rofl.gif] Well played.

[pwn.gif] [rofl.gif]

I haven’t had a Whopper in ab out 10 years. Did they improve somehow? [shock.gif]

No, but they’re still better than an In-N-Out. We won’t even talk about Big Macs.

I had my first In & Out experience in 2002. I specifically went to McD’s & BK when I came home for a comparison vs. what I had just had. Not even in the same league as In & Out.

However, Shake Shack has spoiled me. My In & Out experiences were not the same after Shake Shack. I would still gladly give In & Out the title for best fast food burger, though.

I think you have jumped the shark bob [snort.gif]

find me one other person on this board who would say a whopper is better than a double double

You dont have to like in n out but that’s just crazy [help.gif]

What’s not to like about a whopper? Some people like pre-cooked microwaved burgers with crunchy green tomato slices.

Me, if forced to eat fast food, I would choose an In-N-Out burger over a whopper, or anything from McD, Wendys, JITB etal…

Eh. I’ve had in-n-out. I’ve had 5 guys (they, at least are in Seattle). They’re fast food burgers. I have 2 local places near me that kick both their asses and don’t even compare them to some place like Red Mill. I can’t get excited about mediocre burgers just because they’re cheap.

Here in San Clemente we couldn’t get an In-n-Out approved when a Carrow’s announced it wanted to close and the space was available. The city was concerned about traffic problems because the spot is right next to freeway on/off ramps and is already somewhat congested with a High School within 1/4 mile and a McD’s next door. Even after In-n-Out had opposing traffic studies done and offered to pay for a new signal and turn lanes, it still didn’t pass. Nearest In-n-Out is about 10 miles North, for which my waistline is grateful.

+1 to a Double-Double Animal Style, but with well-done fries. Can’t do the Animal Fries… too much for me.

The Santa Rosa store was in planning for a year. All the local greenies were calling for a ban on drive thrus and wanted the In-N-Out the scrub the drive thru because of all the exhaust emissions that come from the idling cars waiting in line. That’s like a JITB without the clown. There was more greenhouse gas coming from the planning commission meetings than there will ever be from the drive thru.

Location? This one is being built a block from Santa Rosa Jr College in a intersection that already gets clogged at commute and lunch times every day. Traffic will be unbearable but they put it in anyhow. Best thing it will do is relieve the congestion at the store in the next town south when all the dorks line up for the same damn burger in a much longer line in SR because the location is new. Ya gotta love it.

This is what some people just don’t get. It MUST be like this, or it is just another burger, IMO. I go in there and hear people ordering a regular old single hamburger, and I just shake my head.

+3

Although if I’m really hungry a supermonster 4x4 would do it. It’s like wrestling a grizzly. [training.gif]

Well of course, MORE than a double double is fine. Less is just unacceptable.

I don’t recall if I found this pic here or elsewhere, but it’s pretty classic. A 100x100 In-n-Out Burger:

Had a buddy in college that ate a 10x10, so gross.

I think they wont cook anything over a 4x4 now, not sure if this is true.

Just don’t get it. The In-N-Out burger has never appealed to me. It could be that they won’t put bacon on it, but as far as fast food burgers go, I rate it behind Carls Jr. and Burger King, though above the Soylent Green burger at Wendy’s.

Same here. No bacon = WTF?!?

From what I’ve tasted in burger chains all over the US, I’d say they are all between bad and very bad, with McD being on its own yuck scale. My choice would be Five Guys, Carls Jr and Sonic (nothing special but at least not pretending to be something special).