In-N-Out Burger coming to Texas

Culinary enlightenment from the Mac Daddy →

neener

I think the beauty of In-N-Out is its’ simplicity. Hamburger, Cheeseburger, Fries, Shakes and Sodas. No bacon, no jalapenos, no onion rings, no chili, no guacamole, no pickles, no mushrooms, no angus, no chicken, no fish, no kids meals, no clowns, no nuggets, no tacos, no wraps, no flat bread, no ranch dressing, etc… fresh made, made to order, no frills fast food served by pleasant, smiling, clear speaking (english speaking) employees in a clean environment.

The stuff that passes for bacon on most fast food burgers is worthless anyhow. I would rather have it without than with the crap that is offered by the major chains.

Don’t forget we are talking fast food chains and not the local super burger joint. Comparisons are null and void [smileyvault-ban.gif]

I think that’s my point and others’ - it’s fast food. People talk about it as if it’s something special, but it’s just a decent fast food burger. Of course, those Texans won’t notice the difference…

Wrong. I realize it for what it is…a cheap but reliable fast food burger. Nothing more, nothing less. If I want better I’ll fire up the grill. Pretty easy to beat anything fast food that way.

Joe, my Texas comment was just kidding… it was me [stirthepothal.gif] .

Apparently you don’t get Animal Style. They have pickles.

Apparently not neener

Texas In-N-Out fans:

I noticed on my way home from the airport the other day that they’ve finally broken ground on the new In-N-Out next to the Arlington Parks Mall.

Good news indeed.

I pounded a Double-Double and some well done fries this past Monday on my way up to see Juan Mercado at Realm. Nothing quite like driving up HWY 29 with a greasy burger in your hands.

Hope you had a lot of liquid to force those well done fries down. Driest damn things I have ever tasted.

Not dry at all. Granted they WERE crispy. Chased it with an XL Coke.

holy hell, is that george scott? nobody hates the sox more than I, and even I feel a little nostalgic seeing that.

so… are they saying you can order the neon sign? cuz I’m sooo on that.

I never get tired of this. :slight_smile:

There’s really not much getting around the fact that any ground beef patty cooked beyond medium is an absolute bad.
So we’re not talking about burgers, we’re talking about fast food sandwiches that happen to have a little bit of over cooked burger-like stuff on em.

And if we were to darken ebob’s doorstep and look at my in n out rants of the past, I’d be a naysayer. But I’ve come around.
I temporarily embraced 5 guys but have soured on that too – the less overcooked cardboard on these things the better. And therefore, even though I’ve become really fond of in n out, I’m not really in the double double camp. And certainly not animal style. That, I just don’t get.
But a single? It’s like the chick fil a. It’s a sandwich – a composition. It’s a dreadful piece of meat at in n out as elsewhere. I can even see the BK backers’ point. At least a BK burger has a little grilled taste even if they’re painting it on somehow.
But an in n out is a fresh and tasty sandwich in a great burger building with amazingly cheerful energetic employees for three bucks. The fries are awful, but they’re no worse than elsewhere. If you get them crispy, you’ve got a shot at a few tasty ones. A BK fry is inedible.
I’ve come to LOVE this place. Hence the desire for item 30. The neon sign.
I’m gonna go order a 2x1 medium rare and see what comes out. Never occurred to me to ask for it less cooked as it’s 3mm thick.

THEY’RE HERE!!!

The first one is open on North Central Expressway @ Northwest Highway in Dallas. Texans can officially get their Double Double on.

Correction. I think the one on Stacy and Central in Allen is open. I don’t think the one at Central @ Northwest is quite open yet. The one by my place in Arlington is getting really close as well.

Dude, you practically live in Allen! At least compared to me!

Ultimately that one on 121 and Preston should be quick for you to get to.

You had me excited there for a moment, but soon enough… I’m very close to the NW Hwy location.

I was by the Arlington location this morning and it was still all construction dirt. I don’t know how long it takes to put up, but I would imagine it’s still a couple of months away.

Considering they want to do all their meat processing locally, have they opened those “back office” operations with only 1 functioning restaurant? Or, are they importing the meat from California for now until they get a critical mass?

Chris

I don’t know for certain but I thought their rented warehouse space for the processing facility was supposed to be done first before they even moved dirt for the locations.

Looks like the Frisco location will open tomorrow, 5/11.

Chris

Yeah, read somewhere online that tomorrow is the “official” day that In-N-Out enters the “Dallas” market.

Looks like their pushing dirt in Arlington.