Incoming! 2016 Schrader Offer

My offer opened today…I got my mailer today also??? [scratch.gif]

Also my letter was signed by Fred and Carol. Also the wine is still being made by TRB so the only changes other than annual growing influences might be price hikes next year. This year is the same price as the last offer.

TRB says 7-10 years.
The Parker windows are a laugh IMO.

Scott, or anyone else - do you have any experience with the Sparky bottling? Obviously it is in a magnum, but does it age better than the others?

I have never seen an old sparky mag opened before. I didn’t know it’s actually happened [snort.gif]

Do they take bitcoin? :wink:

You are wrong about the scores.
2015 RP had scores 95-100.
Every wine was scored minimum 95-97 or higher.

I have opened many.
2005 was my 1st.
It was magnificent!
Come to South Florida and I will open one.

95 is the new 90. Doesn’t move units.

Funny but true…I actually think some of the Schraders with scores of “merely” 94-96 cannot even recoup all in cost if sold on the secondary market and so market demand must be pretty weak…at a time when allocations were rising.

I’m torn about ordering more…given how many years I’ve been ordering and increased allocations, I have far more Schrader than I can drink in any reasonable number of years and with secondary market pricing flatlining, it doesn’t make sense any more to keep buying without some sense as to when it will be drunk.

I opened a 2010 mag on my 60th birthday in 2013. If you can’t drink a magnum on a big birthday, when can you drink it. Wonder what I’ll drink this March.

Love to hear this, Dan. Why buy wines like these if you can’t find an occasion to enjoy them and share them with others?

Cheers!

Opened an '06 Old Sparky magnum at dinner celebrating my son’s college graduation this May. It was my wine of the year - outstanding. Buy it every year with the intention of opening of similar special occasions.

My suggestion for those on the fence: if you like the wine at the price, buy it. If you don’t, then pass. The idea that anything has changed since or because of the acquisition is laughable (so far at least). It’s not like we were sitting around the living room with Fred Schrader discussing the nuances of the 2016 growing season. This was never a personal, accessible, family feel winery (like MACDONALD, Lewelling or many others).

I’m buying, but it’s only my 4th vintage on the list.

Still in. As long as TRB is making the wine and prices stay inline then no reason to stop buying as these wines are excellently made. I am in the option that its time to get rid of the wood cases and get the shipping costs way down.

+1000
Been screaming about the wood cases/shipping costs (and tax on the shipping too) for more than a decade!

I have opened a few. Sons wedding. Brother in law appointed provost of Ivy League School. All the family home together for a holiday with standing rib roast.

But I am on the fence this year. I have never been offered old sparky. I may give out one more shot with a wish list but if I don’t get it this year I think I’ll drop them.

Frankly, I don’t care about how wineries allocate, but I get really pissed off when I’m the only guy opening the wine and they offer the tete de cuvee only to the flippers. Good chance I will drop Schrader and Cayuse over that issue.

I will be opening some 2001’s over the holidays and expect that they will be stellar. Personally, I stopped buying after the 2009 vintage…a combination of age, price and too much wine caused me to stop purchasing most long aging California cabs, I love the wines but have enough to share with family and friends for many years to come.

Cheers!
Marshall [cheers.gif]

Sounds like I am where Marshall was in 2009. I love the wine, but my cellar is full, the price has gone from $95 for the 2004 vintage to $225 now, and I like drinking different wines - especially new ones I learn about on this board and BerserkerFest.

Marshall you’ll outlive your stash. Happy Hanukkah.