Incoming! 2016 Schrader Offer

Jeb Dunnick just gave them 97-100 scores, if that matters.

I’m Passing on my allocation. If anyone is interested please dm me.

Cheers!

CCS 98-100
RBS 97-100
T-6 97-99
GIII 97-99
LPV 97-99

Looking as great as ever.
Same winemaker means same quality to me.

Tough to say how/when the impact of the new ownership will manifest, but I think if history is any indicator, the 2016’s will be the last of the Schrader as we once knew it. Just the notion that my money would be going to a global conglomerate is reason enough to stop buying.

I just ordered my allocation and asked for the wish list. At sub $300, it is the cheapest top end cult cabs with a track record.

Hillside Select…?

That is true, two of my favorite Napa cults. I was referring to Colgin, Harlan, Bryant, SE and etc.

That would truly be a Chanukah miracle! [wink.gif] Same to you and your family!

Cheers!
Marshall grouphug

While I buy almost 90% of my wine from “smaller” wineries, quality matters and this is a well made wine; it is also a crowd-pleaser when brought to an event with instant name recognition. I will buy until the price or quality make it a dumb decision.

And to be fair to Mondavi, their To Kalon (which used to just be called “Reserve”) is a fabulous $100 wine.

Finally tried my first Old Sparky this past weekend. 2005 vintage and it was a great wine and held up very well next to some very good competition (07 Scarecrow, 05 HSS, 02 Bond Melbury, 13 Harbison, 12 Bevan Wildfoote, 13 Realm Tempest and a 07 Insignia). This is in a good drinking window, but still has some time left for enjoyment. Color was still dark, smooth on the palate, black fruit, very balanced.
Many in the groups wotn including mine. All bottles were empty besides the Insignia. On its own a really good wine, in this line up it was still 3/4 full.

After some prodding by the eRP community, we managed to get Lisa to release the 2016 Schrader scores before the Schrader offering ended. Pretty good scores, as usual. Still on the fence, though, leaning towards letting this one ride off into the sunset.

I would go with Jeb Dunnuck if you want to get close to what Bob would have rated the wines.

How many years did you guys purchase allocations before Old Sparky finally showed up? I got my first allocation in 2013. This year I was offered (and bought) a “Fabulous” pack of 2 RBS, 2 GIII, and 1 CCS.

I’m just wondering how much longer it might be until I get a chance to buy Old Sparky.

The first vintage I purchased was 06, and was first offered Old Sparky on the 2010 vintage.

mPBPa2BQFRM

Commerce corner. [wink.gif]

You can buy my 2011 Old Sparky if you’d like. 95 points - Wine Advocate.

If it was 2012 (child’s birth year), I might take you up on that. Or I might be willing to trade a Pappy 15 year straight up against a 2012 magnum. :slight_smile:

First purchased the 04 vintage and received Old Sparky the following year

Been buying since 2010. First year offered Old Sparky on wishlist. What are the chances I will actually get it?

Did anyone get notified about wish list wine yet?