Inexpensive Bordeaux

I’m also a big fan. Had a very good bottle of the 2010 last night, the third of my case. Upon opening I worried it wasn’t up to the previous two, but it just needed air. Four hours later it was very good. These are silly cheap as futures, though quite inexpensive after release as well.

No mention of Château Tour Saint Christophe? Too modern in style?

Over $20 and heading towards $35.

It’s a darling of Suckling.

Galloni a fan too as was Neal Martin when he was at TWA.

It’s worth the slightly elevated price. FWIW, 2016 is even better than the 2015. There are still stores selling this for about $30. IMO there is no better value for a high-quality wine in Saint Emilion today.

Just encountered Tour Saint Christophe for the first time at a party over the weekend (2014 Magnum). Nice affordable St. Emilion…holding the middle ground between modern and rustic. Decanting helped. I’d gladly buy and consume in the $25 - $35 range, less attractive above that.

RT

Is this a second label?:

2014 Les Terrasses de Tour Saint-Christophe, Saint-Emilion

My local retailer just listed it at $20 with a Decanter 95 rating. Doesn’t sound like my style of Bordeaux, but I saw it after reading RT’s post above.

Any thoughts on Coufran? k&L has the ‘09 for $21. An 85% merlot Haut-Medoc

You don’t have to convince me its worth it, bought 750ml → 3L as it’s my son’s birthyear, just didn’t fit the OP price range.

Has anyone tried the 2010 Chateau St Ahon?
How about some of the more recent 2015 Bordeaux’s

Chateau Haut Muarac….15
Chateau La Tonnell……16 was on sale at TW.
The above are very nice and will be better with some age.

The 15 Capbern was at Costco in Aug and I grabbed a bunch at 19.99
The 16 is out now at Total Wine.

The 15 Cateau Baracan that was at Costco is really nice.
This was really cheap…

Yes.

K&L Note: “Château Tour Saint Christophe is located in St-Christophe-des-Bardes at the border of St-Émilion. The vineyard is unique as it is partly planted on narrow terraces and tended in tight rows. The cascading landscape unfolds on the hillside of Cassevert overlooking the St-Laurent valley. The property is home to beautiful centuries-old dry stone terraces on a clay-limestone terroir. About 1.5 km of dry-stone terraces have been repaired by hand, a two-year process. The vineyard, with vines of an average age of 30 years, is orientated south-southwest and benefits from an ideal exposure to sun and perfect natural drainage conditions. Les Terrasses de Saint Christophe is the second label of Château Tour Saint Christophe.”

RT

Senejac, Meyney, Gemme. Especially in 2015.

Senejac, Meyney, Gemme. Buy 2014 or 2015.