In'n'Out Burger Fries

Solution: Drive to McDonald’s for fries; drive to In-and-Out for burgers.

Hate the fries. My wife and kids like in-n out so we go from time to time. I just get a DD with grilled onions and call it a day. The in-n-out is a better “value” than Shake Shack doesn’t hold up for me. Even though SS is more expense than in-n-out, I still think it’s a better value because it actually tastes really good and is still relatively inexpensive.

Here is Dame Helen Mirren chowing down on an In-N-Out burger after winning her Oscar.

Note she did not get fries.

You need to get out more. [snort.gif]

maybe she ate them first.

I dislike their burgers and fries.

The LA Times in their best fries article put it well:

And bringing up the rear is In-N-Out. Before you tell me there’s a way to “hack” these fries, or somehow make them better, either by loading them with American cheese and secret sauce, or by ordering them well-done, I will grant this: It certainly doesn’t make the fries any worse. Just as dumping the fries into a dirt pile on the shoulder of a highway access road and running over that pile with my car would also probably not make the fries any worse.

Exactly! I rarely eat burgers and know they have more competition these days (5 Guys, Habit, Smash Burger, etc) but if you grew up in Southern CA or visited often enough, In’n’Out was a real treat. It’s weird that a place with exactly 2 food menu items (burger (with variations) and fries) has one that makes the #1 slot in “best of” lists and one that makes “worst of” lists.

No In-and-Out locally but I do this at a regional chain, Braum’s, and McDonald’s fries. Thankfully they are next door. Trick is to get the fries second because cold McDonald’s fries are awful.

Looks like the LA Times agrees with me, and YOU need to get out more. While they’ve got 130 domestic locations, if you don’t live in one of like 6 metro areas Shake Shack really isn’t an option for most.

Unless there’s a 5 Guys nearby for the fries.

The fries at the golden arches are pretty good. While fries are profit rich, the biggest profit centre in the fast food business is fountain drinks.

I really prefer Shake Shack because of the variety of options, including half bottles of Tribute to Grace Rose.

Instead she’s pairing it with Champagne, some kind of mixer and a bag of regular Lay’s potato chips.

I might have just fallen in love.

I know for a fact that she likes PJ Fleur
A4CC10BA-38DE-4ED6-80AF-9F7B87619A95.jpeg

I don’t like Shake Shack fries, or any crinkle cut fry for that matter. For chains I’d probably take Five Guys fries, I guess. We have some local burger places with amazing fries and those tend to be what I frequent. Having recently had an In-N-Out Burger for the first time, I was shocked at how bad the fries were. Good burger though and reasonable prices.

Shake Shack is meh. Chick fil A awful. In N out is mediocre- prefer well done with lots of salt and some peppers.

I am with Michael.
Best are 5 guys. Not always perfect, but twice fried and when fresh and properly salted…

I’m offended by the idea of crinkle-cut fries, but I thought Shake Shack’s were pretty tasty and had excellent texture.

Best fast food fries I’ve had are here in PDX at the local chain Little Big Burger.

Go for the fries, get a burger to fill out your meal.

I ate at Five Guys once. The burger was Ok, but the fries were a bag of grease. I see no redeeming qualities there at all.

Your fries were corked. Try again, maybe a different location.

Fry variation. Might be due to storage issues.