Is "Down the drain" the NEW HOBBY?

My version of reality is that Fu started the “it’s a thing” with his avatar of a bottle of Noon Eclipse being dumped back in the eBob days. ERP himself took offense to Charley’s avatar not long after making some kind of remark to the effect that he found the avatar disturbing and unfair.

So funny when critics themselves have thin skin.

I might just try this with my last bottle of 2001 Beaucastel Blanc, the last two bottles of which have been massively disappointing.

This [berserker.gif]

Once in a blue moon, you hit a white Rhone at the right age where it’s a great experience. I had a Beaucastel Blanc once at maybe around that 15-20 year old age (it was maybe a mid 1990s vintage) and it was a beauty. But it’s the lowest batting average of any wine category, in my opinion and experience. It’s like the NL pitcher batting average.

I either use them for cooking or into the ongoing Balsamic Vase.

Just FWIW: my cellar has around 7-8° C during winter … and 12°C in summer.
Might also have been of importance …

For me, wine is about enjoyment and having an experience. If I’m not enjoying it…it’s just alcohol. I don’t really like being drunk, so down the drain, or strait to the garbage pale; it’s not something I plan to drink.
71085B84-5353-491F-9110-B1A21A6F3822.png

1994-Comtesse.jpg
Three of these went down the drain in recent years. :slight_smile:

New meme: pictures showing who can pour the priciest wine down the drain!

Kirk, what vintage was that? I think you are the current benchmark.

champagne.gif

I wish Mark B would post on this thread! The 16 bottle Chardonnay Blowout Challenge! - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

Sorry, if this is going to get a new competition “who put the most expensive/reknowned bottles down the drain” I will abandon any further discussion … I find that offputting …

I meant to look for that!

Killer thread. I love that guy.

You’re right, this is fun!
IMG_5623.jpg

it shows 1996?

didn’t Fu pour a screagle down the drain as his avatar a while back?