It’s been too long, Old Vines Offline - Updated 8-2-21

Can’t you just expense it for like Berserker outreach or something?

Good luck with the ladies.

I PM’d directions to my place to everyone who hasn’t been here before. A week out, weather looks good so far. 88° and sunny but it will dip into the 60s in the evening so be prepared.
[cheers.gif]

There’s so much Ridge, so many things off the York Creek property… that I am probably switching it up. It’s not Old Wine, but it’s definitely Old Vines: 2018 Birichino St. Georges Old Vine Zin. “Planted by a bootlegger in 1922, this ungrafted old vine zinfandel has been under the protection of the Besson family, de père en fils for the past ninety years.” Sounds interesting, not in Sonoma or Napa, definitely will mix it up.

Still bringing the Pinot because we need something with more elegance and less brawn for the salmon eaters.

8-2-21 update to OP. See you all Saturday.

I’m looking forward to seeing everybody on Saturday!

In addition to the Ridge, I will also be bringing a Magnum of McCrea Mourvedre from the Ciel du Cheval vineyard on Red Mountain.

2 Likes

For those around Friday, any interest in getting together for a pre-party dinner?

Yes. Some people made an excuse to get out of Friday so I be free.

Wines I’m bringing. No French VV’s so far so I’ll be the one:

2009 Guy Larmandier Champagne Signé François Vieilles Vignes Blanc de Blancs
1992 Lytton Springs Winery Zinfandel Sonoma County
2011 Ridge Geyserville

I had some other options but it looks like we might be pushing two bottles per person. Like I can’t believe there is no Rivers Marie Summa OV.

[cheers.gif] [whistle.gif]

Really looking forward to seeing you, too, old friend. Many fun collaborations over the years, including the “Barbaresco v. WA nebbiolo while Cadel Evans blows up live from the Giro ITT” piece.

Let’s get ready to rumble! I’m a bit behind on my writing and have a Brunello matchup in the works from this year’s Giro “wine stage.” See you this afternoon!