It’s been too long, Old Vines Offline - Updated 8-2-21

Bummer. Thanks for the heads up though. [berserker.gif]

Updated the OP today regarding Food, Glassware and Clothing. Please get back to me with special needs either here in the tread or via PM. [cheers.gif]

Still in.

1 Like

I’ll bring a salad to go with all that meat!

2 Likes

Wait list please.
Most of my old vines stuff is young vintage though. Lytton, Hooker’s Creek, Geezers from Ridge.
Other option is a horizontal of Vilmart to start things off. (Rubis, Grand Cellier, Grand Rsv, NV, 00’ Coeur de Cuvee)
I also have a daughter heading off to college, move in date Aug 14th, so Aug 7th works for me now.

Kind regards - Gene

I’ve got the GoVino and with luck will remember it…
I’ll bring a simple decanter for back up and a couple spit buckets–I ordered 4 from K&L during the pandemic when they could not use them for tastings, and already ruined a couple.

1 Like

Gene I’ll squeeze you in if you want to join us.

How do you ruin a spit bucket?! [oops.gif]

I’m bringing a 97 Ridge Geyersville and a yet to be selected early 2000’s from Washington. I don’t eat red meat.

1 Like

Brian,
Thank you for the accomodation. I’m looking forward to seeing everyone.
Leaning toward bring the Ridge Hooker Creek (Bedrock vineyard) and a Ridge Mataro.
Would switch to the champagne flight, if anyone has a preference.

Gene

1 Like

By trying to use it as an ice bucket. It was an improvisation when I needed more space for the wines at our vax-only Memorial Day event. It’s cheap plastic and it cracked. Stupid move on my part. Luckily I only paid $8 for each.

so far i’ve a 2000 sebastiani zin, domenici vineyard
'07 mayo, ricci vineyard
and an '09 private label zin for a friend from buchignani-garcia vineyard
…still looking

1 Like

As always, there’s going to be way too much wine. But that said, I am bringing an “old vine” Pinot (a bit of a surprise) from one of the oldest Pinot Vineyards that isn’t Swan or Calera. I don’t know the specific age of the vines, and the vineyard has been increased in size, but I don’t think they have had to replant. And probably a York Creek Cab Sauv. The more the merrier.

1 Like

We are going to bring a 2001 Geyserville and a 1999 Monte Bello. Looks like a mini-vertical of aged Geyserville’s!

Ed

1 Like

Looking at several options. If folks are hankering for Geezers, I’ll be sure to make that one of my selections.

1 Like

We’re getting close! 7-24 update to OP

Looks momentous…
I’m thinking I’ll bring the 1st release of the Ridge Lytton Mataro GSM (Grenache,Syrah, Mouverdre/Mataro) and 2nd release of the (Bedrock Heritage vineyard) Ridge Hooker Creek Field Blend Zin.
FYI, it’s the 2014 vintage but I think they are made from some very old vine grapes. Else I have an 05 Lytton Syrah and a bunch of Vilmart.
Chime in if you have a preference.

Thank - G

I’ll probably bring a Carlisle of some kind, and at least one white.

To be clear, the York Creek CS is York Creek (Maytag owned, made by Cathy Corison until?), not Ridge. I think 2003 vintage, Track Vineyard. But I’ll double check on that. That’s where all the Ridge York Creeks were sourced from, but Fritz also made wine. I drank a 1997 Meritage from there the other night and it was singing.

Doubt I can make it, as I’m currently scheduled to do an Ella-send-off party - my daughter and her friend Ella - as these girls head off to college. Plus, I just got my first bill for college, so I can’t afford an offline lol

1 Like