It's Carlisle Day: 08/12/10

Mike posted on ebob that on-line isn’t going to happen this round. He’s hoping to get the mailing out by the usual method tomorrow.

Doesn’t he realize that we all moved over here?

[rofl.gif]

New message on Carlisle web page:

• The move to online ordering unfortunately has been canceled. The 2010 Summer Pre-Release offer will be e-mailed to all mailing list members on August 13th at 10 AM PDT.

Which according to my watch is…NOW.

Email with order form just hit my inbox. Let the faxes begin!

Clay

Nothing here.

+1, not even a “we regret to inform you…” note.

I got allocated a case and can’t afford to take it for any of you locals who might be interested. -mJ

It’s here! Woot!!

You both posted about 12:15 est, and I got mine around 1:30. Maybe it is on its way still - you never know.

“Dear Joel,

A bit of good news. A bit of bad news. First, the bad news. Despite all our efforts, the company we hired to provide ecommerce to our website (i.e., online ordering) was unable to do so in a timely enough manner. We are truly sorry. But the good news… We are very pleased to announce (finally!) our 2010 Summer Pre-Release. For the full pre-release letter with all my usual ramblings and tasting notes, please click:”

Will shoot you a PM or email later in the day.

• your Carlisle pimp

any norcalers willing to share part of their allocation?

Actually not sad any longer. With shipping and tax tacking on an extra $10 (almost 30%) to each bottle I will be sitting this one out.

Anyone near San Francisco area willing to share. I am particularly looking for the Cardiac Hill & James Berry Syrah, Papera & Rossi Zins and the Carignane

Can do local or if you allow direct shipping/winery pick-up.

Thank you

Just posted what I am not taking in CC.

If I buy my entire allocation, then all in, with tax and shipping to New York and tax on the shipping to New York, the average cost per bottle is $42.88. That’s a bit less than $40 per bottle plus tax. And that’s averaging down with the Carignan that’s $17.50 plus tax. It is not a “cheap” wine, but I’m still buying all of it because it is certainly an enjoayble wine. I would much rather drink a bottle of it half as often as I drink a bottle of random wine that’s $19.99 a bottle plus tax plus the gas to drive to the store to buy it plus the time it takes me to go to the store to buy it plus the pain of having to listen to some of the things I hear at wine shops.

That higher mathematics right there Jay…
I took it all because even at $45 a bottle all in its still half the price of some wines equally as good.

For me the Carlisles are so good they are well worth the tariff. I’m buying my whole allocation as I have since the first vintage the '98s.

Rich

Got 11 bottles and had my pal wishlist James Berry Syrah and Rossi Zin. Not a bad haul since I am still persona non grata with Carlisle.

Took my full allocation of 16 bottles (offered no James Berry though [cry.gif] ). For me the quality of the wines still very much surpasses the price point, and therefore I have no problem passing on other offers just to fit Carlisle into my budget.