It's Friday night - what are you drinking?

2007 WesMar Pinot Noir Oehlman followed by a bottle of Pliny

Thats crazy - So did I.

2001 Twomey Merlot

FWIW, this 01 VCC is great.

2009 Loring Durell Pinot.

Too distracted to really appreciate it, though. One of the kittens was spayed today and her convalescence is upsetting everyone’s routines. She managed to free herself of the hated cone–we’ll see if the soft collar will stay on.

2000 Mount Eden Estate Chardonnay

Leftovers: 1999 Pavie Decesse. Held up pretty well.

Opened a 2007 Stoller Pinot JV Estate (Garagiste mystery wine) to sip and then eat with French onion soup.

Notes: Very thin color, looked weak. Was much better to drink than I expected from the color. A little spice on the nose and some minerality leading into the finish. It was generally sweet fruit, but not necessarily a bomb. Was very good with the soup…excellent in fact.

-Pat Darby

2007 Lillian - I really should have bought more

+1 on the '07 Lillian

Tonight: '06 Agharta Exhibit B - very nice.

Cheers, [cheers.gif]

Steve

Couple of '07 burgs, probably Rousseau…

Just got my 6 pack…Haven’t even had one and now I regret not getting more, thanks alot… neener

2007 BV Napa Cab was pretty tasty for $47 off a Snowbird winelist

1997 Ridge Sonoma Station & 08 Lamborn Zinfandel [berserker.gif]

1995 Bruno Giacosa Asili di Barbaresco way sweeter, way rosier than previous bottles. way exceeding expectations of a popped and poured glass tonight.

I felt like something a bit stronger - no, not a 16% Syrah - but a nice tumbler of Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon (just the 12 year stuff). Nice start to the evening.

I had the first half of a bottle of this last night as well (said so on the other thread). The rest goes down tonight.

Richard Jennings turned me onto Tokaji when he brought a bottle that was delicious to a dinner in SF in October. Reminds me I need to buy some!

2003 Vilmart - Grand Cellier d’Or
1995 Palmer
2006 Vicomte Liger Belair - VR 1er Reignots
2007 Arnoux VR 1er Reignots
2007 Ponsot MSD 1er Cuvee des Allouettes
1983 Leflaive PM 1er Pucelles
1990 JM Morey CM 1er Caillerets

So mine came out of my passive cellar so it was probably 50 degrees or a bit cooler (didn’t look at the thermometer). A popped it and let it warm a little. First half glass and i’m thinking “this is really great stuff, i can’t wait til it warms up a bit”. So over the course of watching the original true grit, i slowly go through a half of the bottle and as it warms it becomes more and more stemmy and astringent. Don’t get me wrong it was still drinkable, just not what i had hoped.

What were your impressions? Any stemminess?