It's Friday night - what are you drinking?

07 de Montille Puligny 1er
05 Masseto

Last night with Spanish Pork Chops and Rice:

2002 J. & F. Lurton Toro Campo Eliseo

Last night I hosted a Cakebread wine dinner… Drank 08 Napa Sauv Blanc, 09 Napa Chard, 07 Red Hill Zin, and 07 Dancing Bear Ranch Howell Mountain Cab… All the wines were quite tasty if I must say so myself… especially the DBR Cab.

How was the VCC drinking? Was eyeballing a bottle just a week ago.

2009 Meulenhof Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Auslese was quite sublime with jerk chicken last night.

09 Navarro Gewurtraminer Estate Dry - quite tasty as it warms to room. The perfume really takes hold above cellar temp.

2002 Snoqualmie Reserve Syrah>$13
not a big Syrah fan but looked for something to go with a Rustic Pizza I was having and this came out of the Racks.
Blackberry, clove spice, Mocha, wood integrated nicely 13.5% alcohol nice balanced Syrah not to over the top the bottle age calmed it down nicely and it was 89/91 Points.

1998 La Petite Eglise

A mature Pomerol that is now in the leafy and earthy phase with resolved tannins. The drinking window is open.

I opened a 2009 Copain Les Voisins pinot from Anderson Valley. Nice mix between old and new world style. Will put a note up later once I can try it again after an overnight slow ox.

And a whole mess of liquor afterwards.

I’d heard some great things about dry Tokaji so I jumped at the chance to try one. Kind of reminds me of an older white Rhone. Much like an older Musar blanc I’ve had recently as well.

Hum…I think that wasn’t such a good idea…

Brain hurts. And let’s be honest, it wasn’t in that great of shape before! [highfive.gif]

Peter, I bought more myself at costco because of that dinner…I am addicted to that stuff now.

I didnt out of my bottle, but I think the biggest thing you will notice with this being one of Pauls first vintages was that the bottles can vary. We aren’t sure why, but the 06 is much more consistent bottle to bottle then the 05 ever was. I popped a Sol Rouge Syrah afterward from Santa barbara and it blew the Hein away, but it was also 3x the retail price on the Hein as well.

Lillian gets some good praise on this board…there’s been about a case of the 07 sitting stagnant on a local retailer’s shelves for the past month or two. Really starting to get tempting, given comments like this anytime the winery is mentioned.

Kevin–looking forward to your note on this

1998 Leroy Richebourg last night was pretty good and the 1985 DP wasn’t too bad eihter.

Just ‘pretty good’ eh? [welldone.gif]

If the label had read: 1998 Leroy Richebourg Cabernet Napa Valley . . . then it would have been great!!! [thankyou.gif]

“pretty good” from Landreth in reference to a Burgundy says quite a lot…

This was one seriously good bottle of wine. Only one month in, and it is cleary going to be my WOTY.