It's The Simple Things That Bring Me Joy...

A bit groggy waking up this morning from a half-bottle of Shiraz last night. Pure joy to find a left-over steak fajita breakfast taco waiting for me.

I can love and enjoy a Bourgogne Rouge. Drinking Burgundy’s finest vineyards. A glass of Champagne anytime anywhere. My amazing family.

Staying up 7/8th of the night to fix an incarcerated inguinal hernia causing a bowel obstruction and during that time findng out this fellow blew off appointments for elective hernia repair at least twice in the last 3M.

Cue up Lucinda!

Good post. No Zeppelin but enjoying a mix of fun stuff in the background with just a touch of Fugazi to keep things honest. I’m brining a chicken for the Egg which will get the last of the white truffles under its skin. Experimenting with some split peas on the stove (non-soup with some fresh ginger). But what makes it so awesome is I’m playing games and reading books with my 6 year old daughter and 3 year old son while finishing off a relatively simple '99 Fontanabianca Barbaresco I opened last night. Kids who have yet to appreciate the harmony sometimes hidden in Fugazi. Hopefully I will get back to moving boxes and bottles that recently arrived from the garage to the makeshift cellar. Or maybe I will just hang with the kids and my wife when she gets home.

I have to say that I skimmed a few posts earlier today and thought to myself that the pleasureable is being overtaken by the tortured/tired memes. I’m glad I went back and saw this one.

Here’s to everyone else having a great day. Thanks again for the post and the reminder to reflect on what is good in your life.

Aside from getting ready to go out to the coast for a scenic drive and to pick up some oysters for tonight, just reading all the posts above. Thanks for starting the thread, Frank!

Damn it FM3, your posts bring me joy!!! And a simple bottle of Pepiere and 1/2 doz Kumamotos ain’t bad either.

I’m going through some pretty major changes in my life (changing work, moving) and the support I have received from my friends and family have been a reminder how wonderful this world can be.

Dang. No way that outcome could have been predicted. [cheers.gif]

My joy today is that I have crappy internet service!

We had crappy AT&T service until three weeks ago, 1.5-2.5 MPS, when Verizon gave me the song and dance about their 4G LTE based internet service. They promised 4-25 MPS download speed, and free installation!

So, I jumped on it and transferred our cell phones from AT&T to Verizon, too.

Verizon told AT&T and AT&T shut down our service 4 days before the shut off day, just to spit on us as we left them.

Then, Verizon came and the installer said, “The only place your antenna ‘bucket’ will pick up signal is if we get it 20 feet up a pole right here on your front deck. You will need to hire a contractor to put in the pole, we don’t do that. Even if you do that, the best signal I am reading will likely limit you to 2-3 MPS. Our contract says ‘up to 4-12MPS.’ It is not a promise. Also, your phone receiver won’t work in this area.”

So, we told him to shut down the whole thing, and I went back to Verizon to return the gear that wouldn’t work and switch back to AT&T.

I spent a few hours undoing Verizon and their charges, then went crawling back to AT&T. The sale guy actually said to his associate: “We have a traitor coming back.”

Now, only ten days later, we are back to our original crappy 1.5 to 2.5 MPS thanks to the undying efforts of my 14 year old son working with a tech guy all morning.

Max said, “I never thought I’d be happy to say I get 2 MPS!”

So, my joy is that I am back to crappy service, which, I guess is better than no service.

We checked pout Digital Path, Dish (secretly uses AT&T, so no advantage,) Hughes, Comcast/Xfinity…

I am the Faust of internet service providers.

To celebrate daddy (me) brining home some good old fashioned DVD’s to watch, mommy (my wife) opened…

Thank you for letting me get that off my chest.

Much joy now that I am being mindful of crappy internet trumping no internet.

I will be very joyful next Saturday when I get home to my wife, cats and cellar (in that order) from an 8 day trip to China.

Played golf with my buddies today using just 4 clubs and shot lower than my normal and won a $100 skin! Am mostly thankful to have 3 healthy, happy grandchildren (0, 1, 3) who all live close by - they are a true joy!!

Yesterday, after my usual round of Saturday golf, an excellent Japanese-inspired degustation dinner - just my wife & I celebrating with my (only) brother & his wife their 17th wedding anniversary (our dad and other siblings are out of the country). Champagne, Arbois, 3 different kinds of sake - and lots of it. Great day.

Nice thread!

Best,

N

Finding leftover pizza after a night of drinking…instant joy.

Tis a great day today, my friend. I got to pour my wine at a tasting, share a few different loaves of bread that I made at said tasting and at my tasting room, and I’ll be getting together with the woman that I’m dating (!!!) for some homemade chili that I made earlier today, some of that bread, and a bottle of sparkling . . ., Yep, the simple things are the things I cherish the most . . .

Cheers!

My joy today? Reflecting on the amazing 11 days I’ve spent in the US visiting with old friends, meeting new friends and having some amazing wine and food. I’m ready to go back, but it’s been a heck of a ride.

flirtysmile

Love Bar Sajor…the chicken there give me instant joy

dinner at X2O with 2010 Ceritas Heinz Chard and a friend I have known since 1971. looking at the mag of DRC La Romanee in their cellar window and being happy I had not wasted the money to buy it.

Dinner at X2O would definitely help put me in a joyous place.

Talking with one of my best friends who’s going through a difficult relationship time, but letting me be a part of what she’s going through—actually have written some lyrics today and hopefully will hang on to the melody line for a song…

Oh, yeah!

Zen.

Supper club Italian night with 4 couples at our place. 5 courses with callabretta, occhipinti bianca, produttori, novacella kerner. Salud!

Yum, that place is terrific! I only had a chance to eat there once before departing for Switzerland, and it was a total “happy spot” sort of meal for me. A nice part of that was a great rosé just as summer was waking up in Seattle last May: 2012 Domaine Andre Neveu Sancerre Rosé Le Grand Fricambault