J J Prum: the last great wine house priced reasonably.

Yep. I got allocated a measly single bottle of a few from Flatiron. Hardly worth the postage.

Iā€™m definitely noticing the effect of tariffs this year, and Iā€™m sure the lower yields donā€™t yelp, but German Riesling is still a great value (at least from what Iā€™ve seen of my usual suspects [Haag, Lieser, Schaefer, Zilliken, and Donnhoff)]).

Not necessarily Prum, German wine.

For David I would guess 30.3%

Try a 2010 GKA from him and you will spend a lot of your time searching out his wines.

Picked up my Falkenstein case today. champagne.gif neener

Trade for my 2016 S-L Doctor GG? :sweat_smile:

I am not a GG kind of person.

Itā€™s interesting that the Auslese, which is younger vines, does not seem to be as highly sought. I got 3 bottles. Probably not even close to enough. But I have a lot of Auslese in the cellar to drink including a good amount of Prum.

They were way oversubscribed. (You saw their total allocation I assume.) Clara did her best. I only tried for 2 wines and got only one of them.

In DC? (I talked to Phil this morning if thatā€™s the place.)

Itā€™s just the one of the bottlings (in addition to alte reben kabi) that have been really hard for me to source. As for #8, well letā€™s just say Iā€™ll be making a roadtrip to DC.

And yeah, Flatiron has been way oversubscribed for awhile. Itā€™s hilarious that the 3 bottles of 2015 euchariusberg kabi i was allocated back then was only 18 bucks.

Yep. Got them Tuesday. Picked them up today. Phil is great and really knows his German wines.

Current Riesling inventory is about 1500 bottles. Used to be higher.

At <10% abv, why not? [wink.gif]

Much respect!

You should buy Lotus of Siam and move in.

It hovers between 35 and 40%. It used to be 50%, but then I started buying Burgundy in quantity, as well as Bedrock!

I think Katharina has been primarily making the wines since around 2005-6, so yeah, they are just fine.

Maximin Grunhaus - and maybe one notch behind, Fritz Haag -

Maximin Grunhaus is a great call. Iā€™ve had some old M-G wines that blew me away.

Itā€™s a name not often mentioned with the upper echelon, but I also really like Reinhold Haart as a winemaker with a longer track record. The wines are silly cheap for the quality. Several years ago, I picked up six of his '01 Piesporter Goldtrƶpfchen SpƤtlese for something like $35/btl. Each has been absolutely spellbinding (I think I have one left), and Iā€™ve very much enjoyed his younger wines. Iā€™m not enough of an expert in German wine or Haart specifically to know anything about how the winemaking has changed (if at all) over the years, but I know enough to know that if the current vintages age anything like the '01, they will be stupid bargains.