JB Neufeld - WA Cabernet Sauvignon

Just wanted to mention the customer service for both Justin & Brooke was outstanding. Love supporting such good people.

I think the only 2015 I’ve had is the Old Goat, so I’m stoked to give these a shot – I love the Yakima Valley bottling. How would you compare the 2015 YV’s to the '16 and '17?

I loved the JB Neufeld wines that I bought two BD’s ago - time to re-up!

Thank you Ron! Always appreciated!

Order in! Realized I somehow didn’t have any ‘16 Old Goat so had to rectify that oversight as well!

True story: the first year justin and brooke participated I know they thought we were crazy, berserk if you will, but I called to check in and Brooke told me she was driving the kids somewhere and had to pull over on the side of the road to take orders because her phone was blowing up. I don’t think they make plans for January 26th/27th anymore. Love it.

I pinged them this afternoon and Justin was label bottles between responding to posts, the job never ends for a small winery owner.

I love that story. Make a good offer, put on your helmet, and watch out.

Chris, you can bring a couple when you come to see us in N. GA, since you snagged them before I could. We’ll tell you if you will like the rest of them.

1 Like

Thank you Mike! Personally, the 16’ is one of my favorites. Its got a lot of character and opens up quite a bit in bottle over the course of a couple of days. Have a great night!

order in for offer #1
Thanks!

Order in for Offer 2 plus some 16 Old Goat

2015 was a hot vintage early on, like starting in May whereas 16 was more of an average year and 17 was hot too, but that heat turned on a little later in the year. I have found that when the heat turns on early, the fruit at harvest has much richer/riper flavors so the 15 tends toward the riper fruit spectrum. The 16s were a little softer, but really balanced and showed a lot of character on the nose. The 17s might be the most approachable vintage I’ve had to date. I didnt really know what to think of them after bottling, they were kinda disjointed and quiet on the nose, but I feel they have really come into their own recently and are drinking well.

1 Like

I opened a ‘15 Yak Valley just a bit ago. Big wine, big fruit, oak is there but well integrated, tannins same. One of the bigger fruited JBN wines I’ve ever had, and still a bit of baby fat but will benefit an hour or two decant. Needs a juicy steak with fat to play with the tannins. We’re having Italian bake tonight but it will work. This wine will improve for another decade at least, but has all the elements now. Almost tastes Californian, and that is a compliment. I’ll be interested to compare this to 16 and 17. I actually still have a vertical of this starting from 2010. A prime rib or three and 8 bottles sounds like a nice Valentines Day.

1 Like

That’s super helpful, thanks Justin. The 2016 legit knocked me out so I’m excited to try the '15. One of these days I’m gonna pop all three and do a vertical!

Phew!! [dance-clap.gif] [dance-clap.gif]

Chris, I totally agree with your comparison to California. Its definitely got that baked/riper fruit character that a lot of Napa cabs from the lower elevations of the valley have. In my head, I attribute it to a longer growing season that starts off earlier and fast.

in for Offer 1 + an old goat. Last purchase of the night, thanks for extra hour to get it in Todd!

1 Like

In for offer 2 had the offer of 2014 from a BD a couple years back and they were great

According to Cellar Tracker, I’ve bought 2500 bottles of wine since I started keeping track there. JB Neufeld provided the highest level of customer service and attention to detail of any of them–with maybe exception of Roy Piper. I’d have to imagine that holds true in the vineyard and winery too.

1 Like

Thank you Josh! Its just Brooke and I, so that means a lot!