KFC buffet

Timmy…that peanut buffet does it for me…that is…puts it into the subject matter at hand here.

So, could you elaborate? I’ve never experienced in n out, and assume you have…People who’ve had both are divided, but…I’ve never understood the nuances. (The local food critic here says that the fries are a lot better at 5 Guys…but the burgers seem better at in n out…)

I don’t eat at fast food a lot…in fact, other than at Popeye’s 3-4 times a year (unless Five Guys is?)…not at all…but…this buffet seems like a finger lickin’ value.
Last night the Food Network did a “Best” show with chefs’ commenting on their favorite fried chicken places…I stayed up beyond my normal bedtime…to watch…

Charlie, the original recipe is my all time favorite, and I have been eating fried chicken all over the south for well over 50 years in various and sundry forms. I do not know why the original recipe is my favorite, but there it is.

I believe that you can find a buffet nearest to you by doing an internet seach.

I’ve tried before, none around me =( We even have a Church’s Chicken so this shocks me!

Church’s originated in Texas, San Antonio to be specific. The original owners have a mansion outside of Luling - very interesting out of place place. Very good chicken, but, in my opinion, holds no candle to Kentucky Fried Chicken, and I am clearly an obnoxious Texan, proud of place, but equally cognizant of superior quality when confronted with it.

Damn. Closest KFC with a buffet is 20 miles away, but now that we’re on this subject I’ve got a hankerin’ for some red beans and rice from Popeye’s.

Think I’m going to get me some fried chicken. I live near an impressive collection of independent roasted and fried chicken stores.

Unlimited KFC for $5.00 is still just KFC.
Haven’t been able to eat it since I was a kid. [bleh.gif]

I can get more than I can eat just as fast at a Vietnamese place near me for under $10.00 and I know that it’s wholesome and healthy.

If I were you I wouldn’t try picking up anyone hanging out at KFC. pepsi

[basic-smile.gif]

All this talk of food is making me hungry. I think I’ll do sushi for lunch today. A little more expensive, and a lot healthier.

If it weren’t for the worms and the mercury I’d concede that point. [snort.gif]

While I don’t consider myself snobby about food, descriptors such as not half bad, pedestrian but still edible, and not that great, hardly get me salivating like Pavlov’s dog. I think the better deal on fast food here would be to spend a little more on something better quality in both taste and nutrition.

Besides all you can eat buffets are really eat more than you should eat troughs and conjure up images of this:

Like what?

3 banh mi or two pho.

damn two pho for under $10!? shiz be cheap in portland. Pho is low in fat (depending on what meat you get) but man that is a lot a lot of sodium and carbs to intake, on top of that most Pho joints add MSG. My friend’s mom (vietnamese) always insisted to us that good pho always has MSG.

Everything is cheap in Portland. It’s amazing what a roll of pennies will buy you. [wow.gif]

Wheat pennies specifically…

Got my worst case of food poisoning at a KFC in Florida, making for the roughest day of travel home the next day, so no more for me. Prefer most average local Asian Sunday brunch buffets for anything under $10 anyway.

My original post was clearly not about the greatest food ever nor the most nutritious food that can be found in the American dining experience. It was about American fast food and what constitutes a good, no a great, QPR meal. Other, better QPR fast food meals can be found throughout the world and you will get no argument from me on this point. I have eaten many of them. What I suggested was that the KFC buffet for $5 represents the best QPR and nutritious meal on the American fast food dining scene. The sides have some serious nutritional value.

So far I have not seen a better suggestion, which was the point of my original post. Can you come up with a better fast food chain QPR value? Once again, I am all ears.

At Starbucks…