KJ has bought another Oregon winery

Like Rex Hill/A-Z, I don’t think of Argyle as being small. Maybe small on the K-J scale, but not in WV proportions.

P Hickner

Wild guess:

Lemelson

Nevermind

St. Innocent

Sounds as likely as any so I’ll second your wild guess.

Strike this post - I no longer wish to vote Lemelson.

It’s Penner Ash for sure.

That happened earlier this year. We’re now talking about who’s next.

Nuts. Did KJ finalize the Copain purchase yet?

That’s a sharp observation. I am guessing that Beaux Freres does pretty well though without KJ and Mike is very attached to the old vines at Beaux Freres.

Witness Tree

FIFY

1 Like

Reputedly a recent sale but to someone other than KJ

Witness Tree has been for sale for awhile, maybe a couple of years (from what I hear). Pretty sure it sold recently, 99.99999% sure it’s not KJ.

Let me know if you want to borrow the van.

I’d be surprised if it were St Innocent, but what do I know.

KJ already owns a ton of vineyard land and Penner Ash. They need a name for marketing purposes and perhaps some winemaking facility space. By a “name” I also mean a wine that retailers will recognize and be willing to give continued shelf space to. KJ says they don’t want to compete at the lower price tiers. So, a well recognized label that sells in the $35 and up range. Doesn’t narrow it down by much…

Maybe Drouhin is calling it quits in this country. pileon [rofl.gif]

I’ll guess Bella Vida. Great location, small winery, family owned, Penner-Ash has been sourcing for some time and maybe that is how KJ learned of it.

Le Cadeau, Tendril, Solena? There’s plenty of possible choices.

Todd has been doing 22 push-ups per day on FB as part of a challenge. If he had been bought by Kendall Jackson he could’ve hired someone to do those push-ups for him. It’s not BH.