Krug Vertical Tasting: Longo Seafood, Rosemead CA 12-1-18

Dec 1st works for me as well.

Ok we have a consensus forming on Dec 1, so let’s go with that. We really have a strong lineup coming together!

What time would festivities begin on Dec 1st?

6:30?

If we are a go I’ll book a private room at Longo for us and pre order a king crab?

I will give it another day in case anyone objects

Sounds good to me. I don’t know much about the restaurant. Should we pre order a whole lineup of dishes or is the crab the only thing that we should order ahead?

That’s it. More to make sure they’ll have a sufficient size crab in the tank.

The rest I’ll order on the spot. Lots of fresh seafood. It’ll be great. We do a fair amount of dinners there.

Ok awesome. Sounds like a plan. 6:30 PM is the time, correct?

I just want to absolutely confirm attendance so I know what vintages are truly spoken for. I also want to avoid splitting the bottles too many ways, but don’t want to turn people down (I still have more asking about attending) on that account and then have those who I thought were coming not attend.

Eric, I think you’re the only one who hasn’t gave a thumbs up do December 1 as being good for you. Are you in?

Jonathan, are you going to be flying out for sure?

Jeff my gf gave the green light so it’s a go. Really looking forward to this. I will probably be staying at the Hilton at LAX Is the restaurant far from there ?

Jon, the restaurant is about 30 miles from LAX.
Depending on traffic could be about 30 minutes to an hour drive.

Closest Hilton would be in San Gabriel. GOOG maps says its 1.6 miles from Longo resto.

Well I’m still in for the 1st.

Still in champagne.gif

pretty sure that’s everyone but Eric confirmed? I’ll book it saturday!

I think It would make a lot more sense to stay near the restaurant than the airport, as it is not the best idea to drive a half hour to 45 minutes back to the hotel after an offline. I don’t get sloppy at offlines like 20 years ago but why take the chance of being pulled over late at night by LEO, and being hassled. Lyft will be my driver back and forth to the event. So San Gabriel Hilton looks like the choice.

I’s pretty sure Dec. 1 is good for me. I’ll check to make sure and let you know otherwise. But go ahead and book.

Dec. 1 is good for me. I’ll see you all there!

Boom! I’ll make a res today or tomorrow

Done!

12/1

6:30pm

Longo seafood

Bring stems as they don’t have a ton. But their stems are decent if you need em.

Reserved a king crab. (Prepared three ways as pictured below!)

Noice! Can’t wait.