Krug Vertical Tasting: Longo Seafood, Rosemead CA 12-1-18

Awesome. Thank you Charlie!

Just in case it’s important - Channukah starts on Dec 2 for the first candle according to my calendar. Having said that, you are welcome to come light candles with us. We’re about a 20 min drive from LAX.

And you’re in Hartford? I am sometimes there for work.

Jeff, you put incorrect date on the subject line.

I hope you guys take photos and tasting notes!

Hi Adam
Would be thrilled to join you. I was thinking that my son had told me the holiday started the 10th but he was referring to the last day. No worries it’s all good. I will miss the first night with him, but he is ok with it. Also guaranteed all his presents. Would be thrilled to join you at your home. I am not in Hartford per se, but I am not far away at all. I am in Middlefield a tiny town of 4000 folks with a little ski mountain and very tranquil. Smack dab in the middle of the state 30 min from Hartford or New Haven.

OH NO !! I just booked my non-refundable ticket for the 11th . only kidding…Setting my new record for longest distance flown for an offline. Previous record was for an epic Cab showdown in Tampa at Capital grille. Couldn’t do Berns as I was only in town for one night. But will next time.

Oops. Fixed! Thank you.

Cool…let’s coordinate closer to the holiday, then.

I was thinking we had all vintages from 88 to present… don’t know how I forgot about 89. Nonetheless, we still have a dang solid lineup. Really looking forward to it!

I’m very interested. I see that a lot of vintages have been spoken for but I can contribute '85. I’m 900 miles from my storage and it’s 350 miles from LA but I’m always down for a road trip. Also, Dec 1 is my birthday. Have you got room for one more?

Thank you, thank you, thank you ERPark!! As it turns out one of his bottles is stored where I keep mine. He’s going to pick mine up when he gets his. Wow.

That turns a 1950 mile motorcycle ride into just 1190.

Hey Bob,

How could I turn down a fellow wino on his birthday?! I will put you down for the 85.

gonna bring a after dinner red (or two) to drink. Per Jonathan’s request, I’ll bring a btl of Juge.

I figured on bringing some kind of bonus wine as well. I was also thinking that with this many people, we could source a Krug rose to add to the lineup for like $27 a head, if people were interested in such a thing… for completeness of the tasting. Heck for like $40 something we could add GC and Rose.

I also could bring another bottle. Any requests? Rhone, Burgundy, Bordeaux, California, Portuguese, Italian, Spanish.

Whatever you’re excited about! This is turning into a party. Glad I’m staying nearby!

Some logistical things I’ve been thinking about: Charlie, do you think the restaurant might be willing to provide some kind of big ice container? I’m worried that we might have wines waaay far apart in temperature, as people are all traveling different distances and may / may not have refrigeration available immediately before hand.

Also, does someone far smarter than me want to posit how we should do the flights? What order and what wines should be served alongside what other wines?

probably don’t need more Krug, especially MV/Rose ;D

they’ll have ice buckets for us. Not a giant container, but separate ones. I wouldn’t advise we keep them in the bucket for long or it’ll get too cold.

Just go by age bracket. Small pours of each flight and then afterwards people can come back to them after they have some air. I’ll be happy to pour for everyone just to make it easier. It’s a nice round table, so easy to go around

85/88/90

95/96/98

00/02/03/04

flirtysmile

…now there’s something I’ve never said. champagne.gif champagne.gif

prob don’t need more NV krug ;D