Kutch coming 1-28

Couldn’t happen at a worse time. Maybe Todd should consider moving this to say April to get away from the Jan/Feb mailer madness. Money I might have spent on this is going towards Rhys.

I tasted through the various clones back in June of 2012 with Jaime that will make up the Sonoma Coast blend. I said it in a previous post on here and I will repeat it again - back up the truck on this one.

I will definitely be pulling the trigger on some more Savoy for the cellar. Last vintage of AV wines WTF?
These wines are one of my favorites to put in our blind AV vintage tastings I do a couple times a year.
Hopefully some other AV sites will peak your interest in the coming years.

I think this is the last for Savoy, not the AV wines.

Jamie had a bottle open at the pickup party and it was drinking really well, I’ll be opening one as soon as I get them.

Quite different style of wine, though. Dehlinger is not an over-the-top Pinot, but it is more dark fruited and lush than the Kutches I’ve had.

Joe,
Until a great source becomes available in Anderson Valley, we will be stepping away from the region. As you know, it’s a very small region and the demand is incredibly high. This makes it challenging to source fruit from there. We do have a new source in Northern Mendocino County which we will work with for the first time this year. It’s always exciting to work with something new and see if the soil, climate, etc. gives us the type of product we seek to create.

Order in. Took the full allocation and asked for a few extra Savoy.

gah. got caught by gmail’s spam filter. everyone look out!

Yes, mine did too! Order in!

Looking forward to tasting the new site in a few years.
Order placed for my allocation of Savoy.

Nothing in my inbox or spam. Waves?

No waves David. If you or anyone else didn’t recieved it, please drop me an email at: jamie@ kutchwines .com (tighten up the spaces)

Was in spam:(
Ordering shortly.

Wish I could afford my full allocation, happy to come away with 7 bottles though. [cheers.gif]

First time offer hit today. Really been looking forward to getting on the list. When this thread started, I had actually thought I had forgot to sign up. Started to second guess myself.
Went big for BerserkerDay, then this pops in on Monday. pileon Time to work some overtime!!

The 2010 Mcdougall is the bee’s knees. I drank one of these about a month ago…a really fine bottle of pinot noir. I have to get my 2011s ordered, as well. But the McDougall reload, that one is easy.

• 2010 Kutch Pinot Noir McDougall Ranch - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (1/1/2013)
    Opened last night for a New Year’s dinner with my wife at home. Enjoying again tonight with what would be a day of slow ox air. Damn, this could pass for Burgundy if it was placed into a blind tasting. Paler in color, with a dark rose color. Has a cool, shy nose that hints at spice, along with mineral. The palate is lean, but not astringent, instead showing a polished cherry note, silky smooth. When I let the wine get closer to room temp, it allows a strawberry note with a creamy edge to come out. The finish contains a sour cherry, herb, lots of rocky mineral. Good luck finding any black fruit here, with only a hint of blue. Damn, this could be Burg, with the flavor profile, elegant weight and balance, mineral and pure red fruits. I just can’t believe this is a CA pinot noir from the Sonoma Coast. This won’t appeal to CA big pinot drinkers but I like it a lot.

Posted from CellarTracker

Ordered…happy boy.

4 out of every 5 mail systems agree that Jamie is a spammer!

You gotta make money in the lean years anyway you can!